Four hundred PGA Professionals, representing 41 nationwide Sections, are anticipated to gather Nov. 4-6, in Boston for the 94th PGA Annual Meeting. Delegates will elect new officers, discuss changing trends in our society and examine how PGA Professionals can be best prepared to grow the golf industry.
The Annual Meeting, which carries the theme of "Your Future, Your PGA," will be conducted at Boston’s Westin Copley Place.
2010 PGA OF AMERICA ANNUAL MEETING
The PGA Annual Meeting features:
* Election of new officers, with current PGA Vice President Allen Wronowski of Phoenix, Md., expected to be elected the 37th President by acclimation, while current PGA Secretary Ted Bishop of Franklin, Ind., expected to become PGA vice president by acclimation. Current PGA President Jim Remy of Ludlow, Vt., will become PGA honorary president.
Six candidates will vie for the PGA Secretary post:
- Ray Cutright, District 13, PGA Director of Golf, Idle Hour Club, Macon, Ga.
- Bob Doyle, District 9, principal and chief operating officer, Atria Golf, Edwards, Colo.
- Paul Levy, District 11, president of club operations & development, Sunrise Company; and CEO at Toscana Country Club, Indian Wells, Calif.
- Rod Loesch, District 2, PGA head professional, The Connecticut Golf Club, Easton, Conn.
- Derek Sprague, District 1, PGA general manager/head professional, Malone (N.Y.) Golf Club
- Mike Zinni, District 8, PGA head professional, Mankato (Minn.) Golf Club
Seven new Board members will be sworn in:
- District 1 Director – Suzy Whaley, Suzy Whaley Golf, Farmington, Conn. (representing Connecticut, New England and Northeastern New York Sections)
- District 2 Director – Leo De Gisi, Medford Village Country Club, Medford, N.J. (representing Metropolitan, New Jersey, Philadelphia Sections)
- District 5 Director – Gil Gusweiler, Kenwood Country Club, Cincinnati, Ohio (representing Michigan, Northern Ohio, Southern Ohio Sections)
- District 10 Director – Mike Ahrnsbrak, Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club, Winchester, Va. (representing Carolinas, Kentucky, Middle Atlantic Sections)
- District 13 Director – Steve Cox, Pelican Sound Golf & River Club, Estero, Fla. (representing Georgia, North Florida, South Florida Sections)
- District 14 Director – Michael Haywood, Tucson (Ariz.) Country Club (representing Pacific Northwest, Southwest Sections)
- Independent Director – (To be announced)
* Jim Estes, the PGA teaching professional at Olney Golf Park in Olney, Md., will receive the third annual Patriot Award, honoring a PGA Professional who personifies patriotism through the game of golf and demonstrates unwavering commitment and dedication.
The Metropolitan PGA Section will receive the Herb Graffis Award for extraordinary and exemplary contributions in Player Development whether by conducting or supporting Play Golf America initiatives.