With the latest rounds of the PGA Proficiency Test completed at the end of October, 11 PGA Professionals received 13 certifications from The PGA of America’s Certified Professional Program.
Eleven PGA Professionals enhance skills with certifications from the PGA Certified Professional Program
The PGA Certified Professional Program is an online educational curriculum that supports PGA Professionals who are committed to continuously enhancing their golf management skills in order to stay ahead of the increasing demands of the industry. Since the program’s inception in August 2004, 678 PGA Professionals have earned a total of 1,328 certifications in related career paths, including General Management, Golf Operations, Instruction, Retail, Executive Management and Ownership/Leasing.
The online learning approach ensures broad access to the program, while reducing the time and travel costs associated with traditional classes. Currently, the most popular career paths are Golf Operations and General Management. Classes with the highest enrollment are accounting, business planning and budgeting, turfgrass management and customer relations.
Editors Note: The following list includes the names and affiliations of PGA members who recently obtained certification. For interviews or additional information on the following PGA Certified Professionals, please contact Michael Abramowitz at (561) 624-8458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently Certified Professionals (* previously earned certification):
- Luke A. Benoit, Rush Creek Golf Club, Maple Grove, Minn. (Instruction)
- Cory M. Brooks, Columbia Point Golf Club, Richland, Wash. (Ownership/Leasing, General Management*, Retail* and Instruction*)
- Christopher R. Dill, Holly Tree Country Club, Simpsonville, S.C. (Retail, Ownership/Leasing, Golf Operations*, Instruction*, General Management* and Executive Management*)
- Robert W. Kearney, The Rawls Course at Texas Tech, Lubbock, Texas (Golf Operations)
- Brian D. Keiser, Wethersfield Country Club, Wethersfield, Conn. (Ownership/Leasing, Golf Operations*, Instruction* and Retail*)
- Benjamin R. Knighton, Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, Bandon, Ore. (Instruction, Retail and Golf Operations*)
- Michael R. Leotta, Illini Country Club, Springfield, Ill. (Golf Operations)
- Brian K. Linton, Tierra Del Sol Golf and Country Club, The Villages, Fla. (Golf Operations and Retail)
- Christopher C. Moore, Atlanta Athletic Club, Duluth, Ga. (Executive Management, Golf Operations* and Retail*)
- Greg Nikolai, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Racine, Wis. (Ownership/Leasing, Instruction*, Retail*, Golf Operations*, General Management* and Executive Management*)
- Travis P. Wilson, Gateway Golf Club, Fort Myers, Fla. (Golf Operations)
Home » Eleven PGA Professionals enhance skills with certifications from the PGA Certified Professional Program
PGA of America Championships
Pete Dye Course
French Lick, Ind.
Westchester Country Club
Philadelphia Cricket Club
Hazeltine National Golf Club