If you've played golf -- or watched it -- long enough, you've hit and seen your fair share of great shots. That's what keeps us all coming back, isn't it?
Yeah, well this piece is about the complete opposite of that.
This piece is going to detail seven golf shots captured on video that were doomed before they were ever attempted.
7. Dads aren't always the brightest bulbs in the world at times. I can say that as the father of two young boys. As David Feherty might say, we can be "a few french fries short of a Happy Meal."
That's the only way to explain what happens in this first offering as a dad let's his toddler son attempt to hit a golf ball out out of his mouth. Lucky for dad, the equipment was plastic:
6. Golf trick shots have been all the rage these last few years. A lot of them -- we're looking at the Bryan Brothers -- are fantastic.
However, for those who aren't pros like the Bryan Bros., well, things can guy wrong in a hurry...
... Which brings us to this duo of Rhodes Scholars. One golfer in a bunker, attempting to flop the ball up to his buddy, who will then smash it -- full volley -- with a driver.
The only thing the two didn't count on was the guy in the bunker catching his shot thin. Oops:
5. The shot itself in this next video is actually rather tame compared to the others on this list. It features a man hitting a tough -- but far from impossible -- shot from along the bank of a pond.
Looks like he picked his head up a little early, though, and his ball goes backward into the water... which leads to the best part of this video -- the meltdown:
4. Family videos are a treasure. Why dads can't figure out that filming a cute kid attempting to hit a hard object in our direction might lead to something painful, I'll never know.
Like this dad, who thought it would be a great idea to capture his 4-year-old son messing around with a way-too-long for him golf club. Holding the right-handed club left-handed and like a hockey stick, the 4-year-old smacks the ball... directly at dad:
3. Former NHL star Teemu Selänne spends a lot of time on the golf course these days. Earlier this year, he captured this video of a buddy who attempted a recovery shot from the water's edge.
When you have to stand that close to the golf ball because of a hazard directly behind you, it's probably worth it to rethink your shot selection.
Then again, it would deprive us all of this:
2. On paper, a bank shot off a railroad tie doesn't seem like a horrible idea. In fact, it seems like a much better idea than taking a penalty for an unplayable lie.
What this next golfer does, however, seems almost impossible. His bank shot goes through his own legs and right into the part of the body no man wants to get hit on his innocent bystander buddy.
This is fantastic (language may be a little NSFW):
1. Touring professionals will do anything to attempt to save a stroke. After all, it's their livelihood. Jacques Kruyswijk's attempt to save a stroke on the Sunshine Tour in 2015 resulted in a painful shot to his manhood.
Playing from behind a tree stump, Kruyswijk tried to advance his ball forward. It would have been golden had he pulled it off. Instead, it brought him to his knees: