Across the line
Q: I have a tendency to get across the line at the top of my swing which leads me to block shots, especially with my driver. What drills or instruction can you give me to help with this?
An easy drill is to turn your shoulders fully (at least 90 degrees) and then at the top of your backswing toss your club HEAD FIRST not handle first to the ground behind your left foot. If you are across the line you would only be able to let go of the club and let it fall to the ground behind you handle first. By feeling that you could let go or toss the club to the ground behind you HEAD FIRST, you would actually have the club in a laid off position.
Need more help with Off the Tee?
- Shape your ball flight with your driver
- A Lesson Learned: Dial it back to move forward
- A Lesson Learned: Finish the race with what put you on top
- Take full advantage of swinging down wind
- Using your wrists to drive further