- Thursday, March 26, 2015
- 2015 Masters: Five 20-somethings who could win
The Masters hasn't exactly been kind to younger players through the years. T.J. Auclair takes a look at five players in their 20s, who might be able to buck that trend.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- Sports ticketing company seeks to build houses near Augusta National
By Jenna Martin, Augusta Chronicle A global sports event management and consulting company is again seeking to develop land off Berckmans Road, near the Augusta National Golf Club, after its previous condominium proposal was denied by the city last year. Last May, the England-based property...
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Masters field getting too big for Augusta's liking
By Doug Feguson, Associated Press ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Matt Every needed a victory at Bay Hill to get into the Masters, and he was only being honest when he shared what he was thinking as Henrik Stenson faced a birdie putt on the final hole to force a playoff. ''You're...
- 2015 Masters: Five players on the bubble
It's down to the nitty-gritty for those players hoping to earn a coveted start at Augusta National in the Masters in just over two weeks. Here's a look at five players on the bubble.
- Monday, March 23, 2015
- For Rory McIlroy, road to the Masters not the smoothest
Rory McIlroy will head to Augusta National as the favorite, but his struggles on the Florida Swing have raised questions about his pursuit of the career Grand Slam.
- Thursday, March 19, 2015
- Drone ban to be in effect during Masters Week
By Susan McCord, The Augusta Chronicle Hoping to prevent a drone disruption at this year's Masters Tournament, Augusta commissioners approved a county-wide ban on launching or operating the remote-controlled aircraft between April 2 and April 13. Drones "have gotten very...
- Augusta hotel bookings, and rates, on the rise as Masters Week nears
By Jenna Martin, The Augusta Chronicle Local hotel bookings and daily rates are on the rise for Masters Week. "We've got just one or two rooms here and there with people wanting to resell, but we are totally sold out," said Susan Glenn, sales director for DoubleTree by Hilton,...
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Augusta airports make extra room for influx of jets during Masters Week
By Meg Mirshak, The Augusta Chronicle Private jets flying into Augusta for the week of the Masters Tournament must follow a different system for landing and parking aircraft after an effort in recent years requiring reservations failed to alleviate parking problems. Augusta Regional Airport...
- Monday, March 16, 2015
- Bubba Watson reveals one little clue about menu at Champions Dinner
By Scott Michaux, The Augusta Chronicle Bubba Watson finally revealed his Champions Dinner menu for his green-jacketed peers. "We are definitely going to have food," Watson promised Monday in a teleconference with Augusta National Golf Club announcing his promotional trip to New York...
- Bubba Watson and 10-year-old champion Kelly Xu to promote Drive, Chip & Putt in New York City
Reigning Masters champion Bubba Watson and 10-year-old champion Kelly Xu will head to the Big Apple to spread the word about the Drive, Chip & Putt Championship.