- Thursday, April 3, 2014
- Which hole at Augusta National is your favorite? Our Facebook friends tell us
By John Holmes, Senior Interactive Producer Is there a golf course anywhere more popular than Augusta National? It's doubtful, because even if most of us have never played it, or even set foot on the grounds, we feel like we know it as well as any course anywhere. So, in anticipation of this...
- Tuesday, March 25, 2014
- Masters field almost full, Texas Open last chance to get in via world ranking
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – This week's Valero Texas Open is the last chance for players to crack the top 50 in the world ranking and earn a spot in the Masters. The drama is lacking this year. Richard Sterne is No. 53 and George Coetzee is No. 55 – except they're not in the field at...
- Monday, March 24, 2014
- Tiger Woods says it's 'still too soon' to know if back will be fit for Masters
WASHINGTON – Tiger Woods is not sure whether his ailing back will allow him to play in the Masters, which is two weeks away. ''For Augusta, it's actually still a little too soon, to be honest with you,'' Woods said Monday at a news conference to announce that Quicken...
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014
- Winter storms claim famed Eisenhower Tree at Augusta National
By John Kim, PGA.com Sad news out of Augusta. The ice storms that hit much of Georgia in mid-February -- not to mention a freak earthquake that shook the Augusta area on Feb. 14 -- took a heavy toll on one of golf's most famous landmarks. The iconic Eisenhower Tree at Augusta National Golf...
- Monday, January 27, 2014
- PGA, Masters Tournament Foundation and USGA create Drive Chip & Putt Championship
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- In an effort to promote interest and participation in the game of golf, the Masters Tournament Foundation, United States Golf Association (USGA) and The PGA of America announced Monday the creation of the Drive Chip & Putt Championship, a free, nationwide junior skills...
- Monday, December 16, 2013
- Masters adds 14 players to field based on their world ranking at end of 2013
Augusta National added 14 players to the field for the Masters when the final world ranking of 2013 was published on Dec. 15. Rickie Fowler was the only American in the group.