Twin Warriors Golf Club
Twin Warriors Golf Club at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa opened in June of 2001 to much acclaim. A signature design by Scottsdale, Arizona's Gary Panks, Twin Warriors is located on the scenic Santa Ana Pueblo between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Twin Warriors Golf Club is open year around, as weather permits.
The people of Santa Ana believe the Twin Warriors showed them the path to the Upper World along the banks of the Rio Grande. Today, this sacred area borders one of the Southwest's finest golf courses. Designed and developed with meticulous care and cultural sensitivity, the Twin Warriors Golf Club offers both the championship golfer and the recreational golfer a unique high-desert golfing experience.
Twin Warriors Golf Club is eighteen holes of high desert, championship golf routed in and around 20 ancient cultural sites of previous habitation and activity. The course has beautiful grassy knolls and ridges dotted with Juniper and Pinon Pine. Wonderful dry washes known as arroyos and eroded land features, along with the sacred butte known as Tuyuna or "Snakehead" complete a picture framed by spectacular views of the Sandia Mountains.
Twin Warriors objective is to provide each guest with an exceptional golfing experience. The golf course has five or six sets of tees on each hole and plays 5100 yards from the Forward/Maize tees up to 7736 yards at the Tour/Copper tees, a true test at any elevation. The fourth hole and our signature, is a par three, situated behind a large lake flanked on the left by a series of ponds and waterfalls. A single bunker off to the right will corral many balls and an imaginative short game will come in handy. And that is just one of 18 magnificent golf holes that will challenge golfers of all skill levels.
• Golf Magazine Silver Award 2008-2009
• Golf Digest 4 1/2 Stars
• Golf Digest America's Top 40 Casino Golf Courses -- No. 10
• Golf Digest 2006 America's Top 100 Public Golf Courses -- No. 49
• Golf Digest State of New Mexico Golf Courses -- No. 3
• Golf Magazine Top 75 U.S. Golf Resorts
• Condé Nast Traveler 2007 Top 100 Golf Resorts in North America, The Caribbean and The Atlantic, Ireland and Scotland -- No. 50
• 2001-2007 U.S. Open Qualifier
• 2003 and 2009 PGA Professional National Championships
• 2003 U.S. Women's Trans National Championship
• 2008 U.S. Men's Southwestern Amateur Championship
• 2002-2003 World Senior Golf Championships