Man catches fire after hitting flaming golf ball

Flaming golf ball
Vine
This is the ultimate in "golf trick-shot gone wrong."
By T.J. Auclair, Senior Interactive Producer
PGA.com
Connect with T.J.

Series: Golf Buzz

Published: Friday, August 22, 2014 | 12:58 p.m.

We're fond of a great trick shot here at PGA.com. But this one, folks? This one backfired -- literally.

You should never play with fire, as the "golfer" in this video learned the hard way:

After striking a golf ball that's on fire, the man himself catches fire. Looks like he's OK, but that wasn't smart.

A video like that makes us long for the next Bryan Brothers trick-shot video. Those guys know what they're doing.

T.J. Auclair is a Senior Interactive Producer for PGA.com and has covered professional golf since 1998, traveling to over 60 major championships. You can follow him on Twitter, @tjauclair.