On the surface, golf and Vine may seem like polar opposites.
Golf is a game to be enjoyed over the course of several hours, drawing on hundreds of years of tradition. Vine is to be consumed six seconds at a time, not requiring any preexisting knowledge or experience.
But in this case, opposites attract. For years the video platform has documented the most hilarious and impressive moments in golf, on and off the course. Since Vine is going away, we thought it was appropriate to round up the 11 greatest Vines of all time. Enjoy.
11. What makes a great golf vine? First and foremost it has to be entertaining. Bonus points for being authentic and embarrassing, like we see here.
10. Other times you start out trying to make one kind of Vine, and it turns out far different than you planned. Also, I've noticed that laughing in the Vine always makes it more funny.
9. If "funny" isn't down your alley, don't worry. Vine is the home of the greatest trick shot artists in the world. Or any kid in the back yard with some skill and a lot of spare time.
8. Sometimes you just need to be observant. When you're watching golf on television, and you see something as ridiculous as a marshall trying to quiet down a train by raising his arms, you've struck Vine gold.
7. You've really got something if you can put into a Vine an emotion that all golfers, from PGA Tour pros to weekend warriors, can relate to. I would laugh if I wasn't relating so closely with what he was feeling.
6. In order to make a popular Vine, you can't just make a simple three foot putt. You should probably aim, say, forty feet left?
5. Physics? Those don't apply when you're in the Vine-making business.
4. Who says a golf Vine has to take place on a golf course? Or even outside for that matter? But fair warning: you may end up breaking things.
3. Sometimes we just need to be reminded that professional golfers are just like us. There has never been, in the history of golf, a more perfect marriage than this shot and protracer technology.
2. Always remember to leave the high-performance stunt to top level athletes like Adam Sandler.
1. And most of all, always, ALWAYS, protect yourself.