HERSHEY, Pa. -- David Hutsell of Baltimore, Md., the 44th PGA Professional National Champion, will lead a group of 20 PGA Professionals to the 93rd PGA Championship, Aug. 8-14, at Atlanta Athletic Club in Johns Creek, Ga.
Hutsell captured his first National Championship with a final-round 3-under-par 68 for an 11-under-par 274 total, Wednesday at Hershey (Pa.) Country Club. He won on the second playoff hole, defeating Faber Jamerson of Appomattox, Va., and Scott Erdmann of Tigard, Ore., who had bowed out of the playoff after the first extra hole.
Hutsell, 40, will be making his second consecutive appearance in the PGA Championship.
The following PGA Professionals will join Hutsell at the 93rd PGA Championship:
- Danny Balin of Greenwich, Conn., representing Burning Tree Country Club in Greenwich, Conn.
- Brian Cairns of Waterford, Mich., representing Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center in Plymouth, Mich.
- Todd Camplin of West End, N.C., representing Pinehurst (N.C.) Resort and Country Club
- Jeff Coston of Blaine, Wash., representing Semiahmoo Golf Resort in Blaine, Wash.
- Sean Dougherty of Overland Park, Kan., representing Milburn Country Club in Overland Park, Kan.
- Scott Erdmann of Tigard, Ore., representing Oswego Lake Country Club in Lake Oswego, Ore.
- Faber Jamerson of Appomattox, Va., representing Falling River Country Club in Appomattox, Va.
- Marty Jertson of Phoenix, Ariz., representing PING Golf in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Brad Lardon of College Station, Texas, representing Miramont Country Club in Bryan, Texas
- Robert McClellan of Butler, Pa., representing Butler (Pa.) Country Club
- Rob Moss of Broadview Heights, Ohio, representing Pepper Pike (Ohio) Club
- Mike Northern of Colorado Springs, Colo., representing Valley High Golf Course in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Dan Olsen of Free Soil, Mich., representing Walnut Hills Country Club in East Lansing, Mich.
- Steve Schneiter of Saratoga Springs, Utah, representing Schneiter's Pebble Brook in Sandy, Utah
- Mike Small of Champaign, Ill., representing the University of Illinois
- Stuart Smith of San Gabriel, Calif., representing Somersett Country Club in Reno, Nev.
- Jeff Sorenson of Blaine, Minn., representing Columbia Golf Club in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Bob Sowards of Dublin, Ohio, representing New Albany (Ohio) Country Club
- Craig Stevens of Dallas, Ga., representing Steel Canyon Golf Club in Atlanta, Ga.
About The PGA of America
Celebrating its 95th year, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission of its founders: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf.
By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in a multi-billion dollar golf industry.
By creating and delivering dramatic world-class championships and exciting and enjoyable promotions that are viewed as the best of their class in the golf industry, The PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. The PGA of America brand represents the very best in golf.