Who's Eligible to Play?
The PGA of America has approved the following list of players eligible to compete in the 85th PGA Championship:
- All former PGA Champions.
- Winners of the last five U.S. Opens.
- Winners of the last five Masters.
- Winners of the last five British Opens.
- The 2003 Senior PGA Champion.
- The low 15 scorers and ties in the 2003 PGA Championship.
- The 25 low scorers in The 2004 PGA Club Professional Championship.
- The 70 leaders in official money standings.
- Members of the 2002 United States Ryder Cup Team.
- Winners of tournaments co-sponsored or approved by the PGA Tour from the 2003 PGA Championship to the 2004 PGA Championship (does not include pro-am and team competitions).
- The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories listed above.
- The total field will be a maximum of 150 players. Vacancies will be filled by the first available player from the list of alternates (those below 70th place in official money standings.
In addition, The PGA reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories listed above.