Who's Eligible to Play?
The PGA of America has approved the following eligibility categories for players participating in The 87th PGA Championship:
- All former PGA Champions
- Winners of the last five U.S. Opens (2001-2005)
- Winners of the last five Masters (2001-2005)
- Winners of the last five British Opens (2001-2005)
- The 2005 Senior PGA Champion
- The low 15 scorers and ties in The 2004 PGA Championship
- The 25 low scorers in The 2005 PGA Club Professional Championship
- The 70 leaders in official money standings from the 2004 International through the 2005 Buick Open
- Members of the 2004 United States Ryder Cup Team
- Winners of tournaments co-sponsored or approved by the PGA Tour and designated as official events from The 2004 PGA Championship to The 2005 PGA Championship. (Does not include pro-am or team competitions).
- In addition, The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories above.
- The 156-player field will be filled (in order) by those players below 70th place in official money standings from the 2004 International through the 2005 Buick Open.
In addition, The PGA reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories listed above.
©2003-5 The PGA of America / Ryder Cup limited / Turner Sports Interactive. All rights reserved.
PGA.COM is part of Bleacher Report - Turner Sports Network,
part of the Turner Sports and Entertainment Network.
Send all feedback / comments to the webmaster.
Sales inquiries contact PGA.com Sales.