Who's Eligible to Play?
The PGA of America has approved the following eligibility categories for players participating in The 88th PGA Championship:
- All former PGA Champions
- Winners of the last five U.S. Opens (2002-2006)
- Winners of the last five Masters (2002-2006)
- Winners of the last five British Opens (2002-2006)
- The 2006 Senior PGA Champion
- The low 15 scorers and ties in The 2005 PGA Championship
- The 20 low scorers in The 2006 PGA Professional National Championship
- The 70 leaders in official money standings from the 2005 International through the 2006 Buick Open
- Members of the 2004 United States Ryder Cup Team
- Winners of tournaments co-sponsored or approved by the PGA Tour and designated as official events from The 2005 PGA Championship to The 2006 PGA Championship. (Does not include pro-am or team competitions).
- In addition, The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories above.
- The 156-player field will be filled (in order) by those players below 70th place in official money standings from the 2005 International through the 2006 Buick Open.