- Thursday, August 7, 2014
- A breakdown of the 20 PGA Professionals at 2014 PGA Championship
One of the more unique aspects of the PGA Championship is it allows 20 PGA club professionals the opportunity to get to play on one of the game's biggest stages. Get to know this year's batch, and see how they are doing at Valhalla.
- As it happens: Westwood, Chappell, Palmer fire 65s in opening round of 96th Championship
By Doug Ferguson, Associated Press LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Rory McIlroy showed no sign of letting up. Lee Westwood might just be getting started. Momentum was a big theme Thursday in the opening round of the PGA Championship, and it even applied to Tiger Woods. Except that Woods kept going...
- Matt Kuchar withdraws with bad back, adding to mounting list of U.S. injuries
Matt Kuchar withdrew from the PGA Championship just before his tee time on Thursday, giving U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Tom Watson one more worry. Kuchar, who is ranked No. 6 in the world, cited a bad back when he informed PGA Championship officials that he was withdrawing from the field. Alternate...
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- Wednesday Notebook: The gang's all here
By The PGA of America Media Staff LOUISVILLE, Ky. – All 156 players have registered for the 2014 PGA Championship, including four-time PGA Champion Tiger Woods. The others who notified the PGA of America that they would be registering after the 5:00 p.m. ET Tuesday deadline were 1997 PGA...
- Jason Dufner ailing as he defends title
Despite fighting through injury, Jason Dufner is at Valhalla defending his PGA Championship. He also knows what he needs to do to keep injuries from piling up in the future.
- Tom Watson doing homework to fill Ryder Cup roster
U.S. Ryder Cup captain Tom Watson has been doing his homework in preparation for making his captain's picks next week after the conclusion of the 96th PGA Championship.
- Valhalla experience in short supply amongst championship field
Valhalla has only been hosting PGA events since 1996. In the ensuing 18 years, only a handful of players have gathered signifcant experience on this week's track.
- Six pairings we'll have our eyes on Thursday
There's no shortage of star power teeing off at Valhalla on Thursday, but here are six pairings that we think you have to keep an eye on in the opening round of the 96th PGA Championship.
- PGA Championship to be played in late July in 2016
The Associated Press LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The PGA Championship will shift to late July instead of its usual early August start in 2016 as golf prepares to return to the Summer Olympics. The move was announced by the PGA of America, which will stage the 2016 edition July 28-31 at Baltusrol Golf Club...
- Sergio Garcia back in the mix at majors
It's been 15 years since Sergio Garcia first close call at a major. Now, after a pair of runner-up finishes, he's finally back in the mix at a major championship.