- Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- Tiger Woods ready to tee it up at Valhalla
Tiger Woods arrived at Valhalla early this afternoon. He is now playing a practice round with Steve Stricker to see if his injured back will allow him to tee off as planned Thursday morning.
- Auriemma offers advice on how to grow game for women at "Beyond the Green" event
By Bob Denney, PGA of America LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- University of Connecticut women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma loves the game of golf. He’s played it for 30 years, has posted one hole-in-one and owns a 7 handicap. The game, he said, also has a parallel to his Hall of Fame coaching...
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014
- Martin Kaymer reveals his shoulder was injured at British Open
By Doug Ferguson, Associated Press LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Martin Kaymer looked unbeatable earlier this year when he went wire-to-wire (with ties) to win The Players Championship, and then wire-to-wire (no ties) for an eight-shot victory in the U.S. Open at Pinehurst No. 2. So it was mildly...
- Tuesday PGA Championship Notebook: Will all major winners be repeaters?
By the PGA of America Media Staff LOUISVILLE Ky. – Since the start of the Masters in 1934, only three times have the winners of any year's major championships all been repeat major champions. This year could make four. It first happened in 1972, when Jack Nicklaus won both the Masters...
- Louis Oosthuizen wins PGA Long Drive Competition against Rory McIlroy, field
Louis Oosthuizen won 2014 PGA Long Drive Competition with a drive of 340 yards, beating Jason Day by 2 yards. Fan-favorite Rory McIlroy stole the show despite not finishing up on the leaderboard.
- Kenny Perry trading babysitting duties for PGA Championship
By Joseph Demling, PGA.com LOUISVILLE, Ky. – On a typical Tuesday afternoon, Kenny Perry is playing with blocks or watching a children’s movie with his two grandkids in Franklin, Ky. “You are keeping me from babysitting,” Perry said with a laugh in...
- Valhalla: Nine differences since 2000 PGA Championship
By Joseph Demling, PGA.com LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- It’s been 14 years since the PGA Championship was last played at Valhalla Golf Club, when Tiger Woods beat Bob May in a playoff. A lot has changed with the course and in the game of golf since Woods took the Wanamaker Trophy home from the...
- Brian Norman goes from PGA Championship spectator to PGA Championship participant
Brian Norman witnessed Tiger Woods' playoff win over Bob May at the 2000 PGA Championship at Valhalla, because he was still attending a local high school. Now an established club professional in Texas, Norman is back in Louisville, this time as a participant.
- Rory McIlroy named ambassador for PGA Junior League Golf
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – Three-time major champion Rory McIlroy has been named an ambassador for PGA Junior League Golf, which introduces kids ages 13 and under to the game in a team setting. Launched in 2011 as a partnership between the PGA of America and League Golf, LLC, PGA Junior...
- Red-hot McIlroy showing no signs of slowing down at Valhalla
The odds may be against Rory McIlroy winning his third consecutive tournament against top-level competition. But the way he's playing right now, don't bet against him at Valhalla.