1. The 2014 Drive Chip & Putt Championship is open to boys and girls ages 7-15. Boys and girls will compete in separate divisions in four age categories: 7-9 years old; 10-11 years old; 12-13 years old; and 14-15 years old. Participants will be grouped based on their age as of the Championship Final on Sunday, April 6, 2014.
2. Participants may register to compete in only one local competition.
3. All competitors must conform to the USGA Rules of Amateur Status.
4. Only golf clubs on the most current USGA List of Conforming Clubs may be used in the competition.
1. All participants must complete an online entry application at the Drive Chip & Putt Championship Web site, www.drivechipandputt.com.
2. Participation will be limited. When entries exceed available spots in any age division, applicants will be chosen via random drawing, with every applicant receiving an equal opportunity to be awarded a place in local qualifying.
3. Entry applications must be received no later than 5 P.M. EDT on Tuesday, April 30, 2013.
4. There is no entry fee for the Drive Chip & Putt Championship.
SCHEDULE OF COMPETITION
1. The Drive Chip & Putt Championship will be conducted in three stages:
a. Local qualifying – 110 qualifying events will be conducted from June 1 to July 15, 2013 (courses in each of the following locations – Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C.).
b. Regional qualifying – 11 qualifying events to be conducted from August 1 to August 31, 2013 (Courses in each of the following States – Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Texas (2), Virginia and Washington).
c. Championship final – To be conducted Sunday, April 6, 2014 at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga.
2. All participants must begin the competition at the local qualifying level.
3. From local qualifying, the top two overall point earners in each of the boys and girls divisions from the four age brackets will advance to the regional qualifying level of the competition.
4. The regional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the local competition. The overall champion in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the finals to be held the Sunday before the Masters Tournament (April 6, 2014).
5. The championship final will take place at Augusta National Golf Club and be staged on its Tournament Practice Facility (Driving / Chipping) and 18th green (Putting). The championship final is a new competition with no carryover from the regional competition.
6. The championship final will be produced and broadcast by Golf Channel.
SCORING / COMPETING
1. Each participant will compete in all three skills (Drive Chip & Putt). An individual rules sheet for each skill competition is available on the championship Web site, www.drivechipandputt.com.
2. Participants will accumulate points in each skill. The participant with the highest number of accumulated points will be declared the overall champion of their age category.
1. Local Qualifier: Ribbons for 1st – 3rd places overall; Ribbons for 1st – 3rd of each skill; Every participant will receive a Drive, Chip and Putt Championship logoed t-shirt.
2. Regional Qualifier: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for 1st – 3rd places overall; Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for 1st – 3rd places of each skill; Every participant will receive a Drive, Chip and Putt Championship logoed divot tool, ball markers and towel.
3. Championship Final: Trophies for each age division champion and winners of individual skills; Every participant will receive a Drive Chip & Putt Championship logoed golf shirt, matching cap, bag tag and three (3) Monday Practice Round tickets for the 2014 Masters Tournament.