FootJoy has announced its newest footwear category -- the D.N.A., or "DryJoys Next Advancement."
"To create the most feature-laden golf shoe in our storied history, we needed to explore the anatomy, or DNA, of our premium footwear products and then scrutinize every aspect throughout the design and development process," said Doug Robinson, Vice President of Design and Development Worldwide. "Every material ad every component was carefully considered in order to deliver a shoe with lightweight stability, a precise fit, superior feel and ultimate performance."
Here are some of the key features of the new D.N.A. from FootJoy:
- The SnugFit tongue is designed with materials and varying densities to conform to the top of your foot, providing better fit, comfort, and protection. MicroVent technology provides enhanced breathability.
- The 3D foam collar molds to your ankle for ideal comfort, fit, and support. Locking your ankle in place eliminates any movement of the foot -- a situation that can lead to discomfort and power-reduction during the swing.
- The all new ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards features full grain leather that is supple, lightweight, thin-yet-durable, and completely waterproof. The result is tremendous breathability and an upper that will conform to the foot for an incredible custom fit.
- A new proprietary cushioning material, called FTF (Fine-Tuned Foam), is used throughout the interior midsole of the shoe, also known as the FitBed. Two densities of FTF were used -- a firmer density around the perimeter of the FitBed for stability and a softer density in the heel and forefoot for industry-leading cushioning and comfort.
- The new NitroThin TPU (thermoplastic urethane) outsole is the culmination of several years of research and development, resulting in a thinner outsole that delivers lightweight stability and performance without sacrificing flexibility and feel.
Masters champion Adam Scott has worn D.N.A. golf shoes exclusively since September, including while competing in the 2013 Presidents Cup and during his three recent wins in Australia.
"D.N.A. is the most technologically advanced shoe FJ has ever produced and it embodies everything I am looking for in a golf shoe," Scott said. "They actually activate my feet, giving me great balance throughout my swing."
The D.N.A. is available beginning Feb. 15 (MSRP $220 for standard laces, $240 for FootJoy's BOA lace style, which tightens from the back of the shoe).
To learn more about the D.N.A., click here .
Follow T.J. Auclair on Twitter, @tjauclair .