1. The Drive, Chip and Putt Championship is open to boys and girls ages 7-15. Boys and girls compete in separate divisions in four age categories: 7-9 years old; 10-11 years old; 12-13 years old; and 14-15 years old. Participants will be grouped based on their age as of the National Finals on Sunday, April 5, 2015.
2. Participants may register to compete in only one local qualifier.
3. All competitors must conform to the USGA Rules of Amateur Status.
4. Only golf clubs on the most current USGA List of Conforming Clubs may be used in the competition.
1. All participants must complete an online entry application at the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship website, www.DriveChipandPutt.com.
2. Entry applications must be received no later than 5 P.M. EDT on Tuesday, April 30, 2013.
3. There is no entry fee for the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship.
SCHEDULE OF COMPETITION
1. The Drive, Chip and Putt Championship will be conducted in four stages. Click here for a full schedule:
a. Local qualifying – 250 qualifying events will be conducted in June and July at courses throughout all 50 States.
b. Sub-Regional qualifying – 50 qualifying events to be conducted in August in ?? States.
c. Regional qualifying – 10 qualifying events to be conducted in September in ?? States.
d. Championship final – To be conducted Sunday, April 5, 2015, at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga.
2. All participants must begin the competition at the local qualifying level.
3. From local qualifying, the three overall point earners in each of the boys and girls divisions from the four age brackets will advance to the sub-regional qualifying level of the competition.
4. The sub-regional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the local competition. The top two performers in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the regional qualifiers.
5. The regional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the sub-regional competition. The top performer in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the National Finals to be held the Sunday before the Masters Tournament (April 5, 2015).
6. The championship final will take place at Augusta National Golf Club and be staged on its Tournament Practice Facility (Driving / Chipping) and Clubhouse putting green / 18th green (Putting). The National Finals is a new competition with no carryover from the regional competition.
7. The National Finals will be produced and broadcasted by Golf Channel.
SCORING / COMPETING
1. Each participant will compete in all three skills (Drive, Chip & Putt). An individual rules sheet for each skill competition is available on the championship website, www.DriveChipandPutt.com.
2. Participants will accumulate points in each skill. The participant with the highest number of accumulated points will be declared the overall champion of their age category.