- Tuesday, June 28, 2016
- After third-round 69, Bill Hook hopes for PGA Championship home game
VERONA, N.Y. -- Bill Hook's goal for the third round of the 49th PGA Professional Championship on Tuesday was to just go for it. Fire at the pins and see how low he could go. The 33-year-old PGA Head Professional at Knickerbocker Country Club in Tenafly, N.J., began the day at 3-over-par. When...
- Monday, June 27, 2016
- Uresti surges to 36-hole PPC lead
With 36 holes left to be played, it's Texan Omar Uresti who finds himself on top of the leaderboard in the 46th PGA Professional Championship at theTurning Stone Resort.
- Rob Labritz bounces back with 3-under 69
Rob Labritz fired a 3-under 69 at Atunyote on Monday that has him right in the thick of things in the 49th PGA Professional Championship at the Turning Stone Resort.
- Defending PPC champ Matt Dobyns in the mix at even par
Defending champ Matt Dobyns is lurking at even par after shooting a 1-under 71 in Monday's second round. He's delighted to be playing the final two rounds at Atunyote where his length should be an advantage.
- Littrell soars 193 spots on PPC leaderboard with 12-shot turnaround
VERONA, N.Y. -- Playing in big-time golf tournaments is all about perseverance and a never-quit attitude. Don Littrell, a 33-year-old PGA Instructor from Ivey Ranch Country Club in Thousand Palms, Calif., was the posterboy of perseverance on Monday. One day removed from a disappointing 6-over 78...
- Dakun Chang impressive in PGA Professional Championship debut
Dakun Chang, 24, is making his first start in a PGA Professional Championship this week at Turning Stone Resort. So far, he's playing like a grizzled veteran. He's 3 under through 36 holes.
- Sunday, June 26, 2016
- PGA Professional Championship: Bowden, Helminen share first-round lead
Ryan Helminen (pictured) and Craig Bowden each fired rounds of 5-under 67 in the first round of the PGA Professional Championship at the Turning Stone Resort on Sunday to share the early lead.
- Karen Paolozzi opens second PPC trip with 1-under 71
Karen Paolozzi, who recorded the highest finish by a woman professional in Championship history in 2014, opened the 2016 PPC with a 1-under 71 on Sunday at Turning Stone's Kaluhyat course.
- Craig Bowden shares early clubhouse lead in PPC debut
VERONA, N.Y. -- Craig Bowden, 48, is a PGA Lifetime Member from Bedford, Ind., playing in his first PGA Professional Championship this week. A former regular on the PGA and Web.com Tours, Bowden snatched a share of the early clubhouse lead with Ryan Helminen after a 5-under 67 at Atunyote on...
- PGA Professional Championship: Omar Uresti opens with 4-under 68
Former longtime PGA Tour player Omar Uresti is playing his second consecutive PGA Professional Championship this week. On Sunday at Atunyote, Uresti opened with a promising 4-under 68.