- Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Ian Woosnam's 68 "about the worst" he could have shot in third round
By Joseph Demling, PGA.com FRENCH LICK, Ind. – Ian Woosnam fired a 4-under-par-68 and put himself right back in contention in the third round of the 76th Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid on Saturday. But the 57-year-old from Wales still wasn't happy. Woosnam missed three...
- Lee Rinker starts his day with a surprise eagle on very first hole
By Joseph Demling, PGA.com FRENCH LICK, Ind. – PGA Professional Lee Rinker had a nice – and unexpected – start to his third round of the Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid on Saturday. Rinker hit his drive on the 386-yard, par-4 first hole on The Pete Dye Course...
- Friday, May 22, 2015
- Tom Lehman leads Senior PGA Championship by a shot after 36 holes
Tom Lehman birdied three of his first four holes Friday and rolled to an impressive 5-under 67. That gave him a one-shot edge over Colin Montgomerie and Brian Heninger after 36 holes.
- Jerry Haas leads 10 PGA Professionals into weekend at Senior PGA Championship
By Bob Denney, PGA of America FRENCH LICK, Ind. – Jerry Haas was on his way to a gem of a round Friday in the 76th Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid until he realized where he was – playing The Pete Dye Course. It’s a piece of property where dreams are often yanked...
- Peter Fowler roars up leaderboard with birdie-filled second-round 67
By Joseph Demling, PGA.com FRENCH LICK, Ind. – While The Pete Dye Course has played tough and the conditions haven’t been perfect this week, some golfers suggested there were a few birdies to be had at the Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid. Peter Fowler sure found...
- Haas brothers shoot same score at Senior PGA Championship, but won't be in same pairing
Jay and Jerry Haas both wound up with a two-round total of 147, good enough to make the cut at the Senior PGA Championship. But they just missed out on getting to play in the same group.
- Esteban Toledo wins sparring match with French Lick, shoots 4-under 68
Pete Dye's course was a tough test, but former boxer Esteban Toledo was tougher. Toledo shot a 4-under 68 Friday -- the best round of the tournament so far -- and then showed off his boxing moves during a TV interview.
- Woody Austin struggles with putter but still shoots 71 at rugged French Lick
Much of the talk during the first two rounds of the 76th Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid has been about the course. There are not many players winning. Woody Austin may be one of those after shooting a 1-under 71.
- Olin Browne chips in for birdie on par-4 11th
Olin Browne's approach on the par-4 11th hole came up short, leaving him a treacherous shot from a tricky lie. No problem, though, as he lofted his ball high, and right into the cup.
- Jean-Francois Remesy stays patient with second-round 72
Fifty-year-old Jean-Francois Remesy is one of just a handful of players at even par or better after firing a pair of 72s on the first two days of the 76th annual Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid.