- Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Sonny Skinner leads PGA contingent with first-day 67
By Bob Denney, The PGA of America TOWN & COUNTRY, Mo. – Sonny Skinner drove 12 hours from his home in Sylvester, Ga., to Bellerive Country Club, a journey that he said allowed him time to “clear the mind” while preparing for the 74th Senior PGA Championship presented by...
- Duffy Waldorf brings unique style to first senior major at Senior PGA Championship
Duffy Waldorf is a man of many tours these days, but he looked quite comfortable in his senior major debut on Thursday. All that time on other circuits, he says, is paying off now.
- By the numbers: First round of the 2013 Senior PGA Championship
40: The number of PGA Professionals in the field at the 74th Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid. 29: The number of players who recorded a round under par in Thursday's first round. 66: Or, 5 under par, the best score recorded on Thursday by co-leaders Jay Haas and Duffy...
- Sonny Skinner succeeds with caddie Bollman's support
By John Kim, PGA.com Coordinating Producer ST. LOUIS -- PGA Club Professional Sonny Skinner surprised everyone, including himself, by firing a 4-under-par 67 Thursday to sit tied for third place after the first round of the 74th Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid. Skinner, who thanked...
- Local knowledge propels Jay Haas to early lead at Senior PGA Championship
St. Louis native Jay Haas, who’s played as many as 30 times at Bellerive, snagged the early lead with a bogey-free round of 5-under 66, even though he admitted he didn't have his A-game.
- Senior PGA Championship: Thursday notebook
By The PGA of America ST. LOUIS -- Sonny Skinner drove 12 hours from his home in Sylvester, Ga., to Bellerive Country Club, just outside St. Louis, a journey that he said allowed him time to “clear the mind” while preparing for the 74th Senior PGA Championship presented by...
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Senior PGA Championship sets new highs as most socially connected senior golf event ever
By John Kim, PGA.com Coordinating Producer ST. LOUIS -- When you think seniors, Twitter probably doesn't come to mind. When you think golf, Instagram doesn't seem to be a natural platform. And when you think senior golf – well, let's just say that even Facebook turns up zero...
- Window of opportunity to win senior majors is short, even for proven champions
There are exceptions, of course. But for most of the players at the Senior PGA Championship this week, the pressure to win a senior major is intense because they'll have so few cracks at it.
- PGA instructor Mike Mitchell set to practice what he preaches at Senior PGA Championship
By Bob Denney, The PGA of America TOWN & COUNTRY, Mo. – Mike Mitchell of Rancho Mirage, Calif., will spend the first two rounds of his debut in the 74th Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid in a rare “classroom environment.” He may be the envy of all his PGA...
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Roger Chapman enjoys time of his life as defending Senior PGA Champion
A whirlwind 36 hours of activities to promote his Senior PGA Championship title defense shows how far Roger Chapman has come since his breakthrough major victory last year.