PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- With the latest rounds of the PGA Proficiency Test completed in 2010, seven PGA Professionals received nine certifications from the PGA of America's Certified Professional Program.
The PGA Certified Professional Program is an online educational curriculum that supports PGA Professionals who are committed to continuously enhancing their golf management skills in order to stay ahead of the increasing demands of the industry. Since the program's inception in 2004, a total of 687 PGA Professionals have earned a combined 1,349 certifications in related career paths, including General Management, Golf Operations, Instruction, Retail, Executive Management and Ownership/Leasing.
The online learning approach ensures broad access to the program, while reducing the time and travel costs associated with traditional classes. Currently, the most popular career paths are Golf Operations and General Management. Classes with the highest enrollment are accounting, business planning and budgeting, turfgrass management and customer relations.
Editors Note: The following list includes the names and affiliations of PGA Members who recently obtained certification.
Recently Certified Professionals:
- Joshua L. Allen, High Meadows Golf & Country Club, Roaring Gap, N.C. (General Management)
- Jonathon M. Collar, Chenequa Country Club, Hartland, Wis. (Golf Operations)
- Jacob T. Daniels, Power Balance Performance Tech, Laguna Niguel, Calif. (Retail)
- John R. Eifert Jr., Crooked Tree Golf Course, Mason, Ohio (Instruction, Golf Operations* and Retail*)
- Brian D. Keiser, Wethersfield (Conn.) Country Club(General Management, Golf Operations*, Instruction*, Retail* and Ownership/Leasing*)
- Brian K. Linton, Tierra Del Sol Golf and Country Club, The Villages, Fla. (Retail, Instruction and Golf Operations*)
- Glen A. Walden, Westchester Golf Range, White Plains, N.Y. (Golf Operations, Retail, Instruction*, General Management* and Ownership/Leasing*)
* Previously earned certification
For interviews or additional information on these PGA Certified Professionals, please contact Michael Abramowitz at (561) 624-8458 or email@example.com.