Cameras are only allowed at Quail Hollow Club during Practice Rounds, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and are not permitted on-site during Championship Rounds, Thursday through Sunday.
Autographs may be requested and given at the contestants’ convenience at the Practice Range and Putting Green during Practice Rounds only. Please consult the Mobile Device Policy for guidelines regarding mobile device photo, audio and video capturing while on-course.
There will be no daily re-admission to the grounds of Quail Hollow Club. If you leave the grounds, you must have an unscanned ticket to return to the Championship. Once the bottom of the ticket has been scanned, it will no longer provide admission. The only exception is when the Weather Warning signs have been posted. Please wear your ticket in plain view at all times as security personnel will not allow admission to the PGA Championship for individuals without appropriate credentials.
As part of the Championship’s mission to grow interest and participation in the game of golf, juniors 17 years of age and younger will be admitted into the Championship grounds for FREE when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Each ticketed adult will be permitted four junior grounds admissions per day at no additional charge. Junior tickets may be picked up on-site at the Admission Sales & Will Call Office located at the Main Spectator Entrance on the day of admission. Junior tickets cannot be obtained in advance and will be available regardless of a sell-out. Wanamaker Club ticket upgrades for juniors may be purchased for $25 per day at the Admissions Sales & Will Call Office at the Main Spectator Entrance on the day of admission. Juniors must have the upgrade and be accompanied by an adult with a Wanamaker Club ticket to gain access. Junior tickets do not gain access into private hospitality areas.
To honor the men and women who serve our country in the Armed Forces, the Championship is pleased to offer Active Duty, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard and their accompanying guest (limit one) complimentary daily grounds access to the Championship. Upon arrival, Military personnel must go to the Admissions Sales and Will Call Office at the Main Spectator Entrance to present their Military ID in exchange for daily admission. Please note, these tickets cannot be upgraded to alternative venues, but are eligible for the junior admission policy.
Please observe the Leader Boards and Thru Boards for the Weather Warning Sign which will appear when inclement weather is approaching the site. When the signs appear, spectators are advised to take precautions and seek shelter PRIOR to play being suspended. If the sirens sound, seek shelter immediately. In the event of inclement weather, please remember to avoid the following: Grandstands, Metal Fences, Telephone Poles, Open Fields, Golf Carts. HillTops and High Places. Bodies of Water and Tall and/or Isolated Trees.
Official Programs are available for purchase in The Championship Shops. The cost for each program is $10.00.
Mobile devices must be kept in “Golf Mode” setting at all times at the PGA Championship:
• Set device to silent or vibrate, including but not limited to, ringer and notifications/alerts.
• Camera flash turned off.
• Incoming and outgoing calls may only be made or received farther than 100 yards of competition.
• Text, email, social posting and other data use is allowed on the golf course at any location providing players are not in position and about to play their shots.
• Mobile device photography, as well as audio and video capturing, is allowed in all areas during Practice Rounds (Monday – Wednesday).
• During Championship Rounds (Thursday – Sunday), photography, audio and video recording is prohibited anywhere within 100 yards of competition or when requested by players, caddies, marshals, volunteers, security or Championship staff and officials.
Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available at a number of locations around the Championship grounds. Keep an eye out for Wi-Fi zone signs during your visit and make sure to download the 2017 PGA
Portable phone chargers are available at the Information Tent at the Main Spectator Entrance, inside the Wanamaker Club, and between Holes 9 and 10, adjacent to Merchandise Express. Chargers are available for a daily rental fee of $10 or can be purchased for $35.
Please be advised of the following standards of conduct and etiquette:
• Everyone is requested to display traditional customs of etiquette, decorum and behavior, and to obey all Championship policies, signs and verbal instructions of Championship Officials. Protests of any type are forbidden.
• For the safety of everyone and in keeping with policy established at major sporting events, running is considered to be unacceptable behavior.
• Although cheering and positive gallery responses to great play are encouraged, unsolicited and consistent calls from the gallery are prohibited.
• Please stay behind the gallery ropes and cooperate with the Marshals.
• Please kneel or sit if you are in the front row and remain still throughout each shot.
The 2017 PGA Championship has partnered with Pse Event Housing to assist you with any accommodation needs you may have surrounding your visit. For more information, please log onto pgachampionship.com, hover over Event Info, and select Accommodations.
• August temperatures in Charlotte, NC can reach an average high of 88 degrees.
• Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
• Wear a hat for protection from the sun and be sure to use sunscreen.
• Please leave all prohibited items, including ALL backpacks and any bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10”, at home or in your vehicle, as they will not be permitted on-course or stored at the Championship.
• Medical response teams will be on-site during the Championship. Specific locations will be listed in the Championship course map and pairings guide.
The items listed below are strictly prohibited on the grounds of Quail Hollow Club. All bags will be searched upon entering the Championship.
• Backpacks of any size and drawstring bags.
• Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” in their natural state. Prohibited bags will NOT be accepted or stored at the golf course. Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” sold in The Championship Shops will be tagged as prohibited for re-admission.
• Personal electronics such as computers, laptops, or tablets
• Drones, hoverboards, laser pointers or selfie sticks.
• All oversized chairs with wide arm rests (portable folding canvas chairs are permitted). Carry bags will be searched prior to entry.
• Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit), including pocket knives
• Buckets, ladders, milk crates, or stools
• Banners, posters, or signs
• Any materials with unauthorized advertising or promotion
• Golf clubs
• Food (except in limited quantities for medical dietary or infant purposes)
• Beverages (one unopened, sealed bottle of water per spectator is permitted)
• Other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Championship security at their sole discretion.
Please leave all prohibited items in your vehicle as they will not be permitted at the Championship.
The following methods of payment are accepted on-site at the 2017 PGA Championship, identified by location:
• Admission Sales: American Express, MasterCard, VISA & U.S. dollars
• The Championship Shops: American Express, MasterCard, VISA, traveler’s checks and U.S. dollars
• Concession and Beverage Stands: American Express, MasterCard, VISA, Discover Card and U.S. dollars
Personal checks are not accepted at the Championship.
Experts on the business and game of golf. The best coaching tips and latest golf news delivered straight to you. Sign Up to get the latest.