One of the amazing parts of visiting a top-tier golf course is the incredible views that come with the round — the elevation changes, surrounding mountains, trees, lakes, streams, oceans.
But this time of year when the leaves change colors, those views take on an entirely different level of taking your breath away.
Using Golf Digest’s latest list of America's 100 Greatest Public Courses
as a guide, here are nine top golf courses that should get bonus points in the ranking this time of year thanks to the landscape being enhanced by fall colors. These are ranked by their position on the America's 100 list.
9. The Wilderness at Fortune Bay, Tower, Minnesota
8. Tullymore Golf Club, Stanwood, Michigan
7. The Quarry at Giants Ridge, Bibawik, Minnesota
6. Forest Dunes Golf Club, Roscommon, Michigan
5. French Lick Resort (The Pete Dye Course), French Lick, Indiana
4. Blackwolf Run Golf Club (River Course), Kohler Wisconsin
3. Arcadia Bluffs Golf Club, Arcadia, Michigan
1. Whistling Straits, Straits Course (site of the 2020 Ryder Cup), Sheboygan, Wisconsin