The Golf Auction to present rare, coveted pieces of the PGA REACH collection
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (Feb. 15, 2019) – Rare collectibles spanning more than a century and featuring many of golf’s greatest performers, personalities and championships shape the PGA REACH Collection, which will be unveiled for the first time in an online auction Feb. 15 to March 3.
Managed through The Golf Auction (TGA) of Tampa, Florida, all proceeds will benefit the initiatives of PGA Foundation Inc., d/b/a PGA REACH, the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America.
Highlighted items in the collection include memorabilia from President Dwight Eisenhower, Arnold Palmer, a 1999 PGA Championship pin flag signed by Tiger Woods, vintage golf clubs and more.
Public bidding is open Friday, Feb. 15, at 7 p.m. ET, and available by visiting http://thegolfauction.com/catalog.aspx All items sold in the PGA REACH Collection will be accompanied by a letter of provenance.
Among the featured items offered in the initial auction period:
- Arnold Palmer’s D6 Driver Specifications Sheet
- Tiger Woods Autographed 1999 PGA Championship at Medinah flag
- Circa 1900 Tom Morris Splice Neck Wood
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower Spalding Wood-Shafted Calamity Jane putter
- Circa 1850 John Jackson Long Nose Play Club
- 1931 U.S. Ryder Cup Team photo collage with other original photos
- 1933-46 PGA Championship Qualifier Player Badges
- 1972 54th PGA Championship at Oakland Hills Signed Player Listing with Officers
- Epiphone Les Paul Studio model electric guitar, presented by 2003 PGA Champion Shaun Micheel
- 2004 U.S. Ryder Cup Captains signed poster, and much more
Interested bidders will be able to review images and online descriptions in a presentation by TGA, by visiting http://thegolfauction.com/catalog.aspx.
All winning bids for auction items will be deemed to be at fair market value. As a result, none of the items are eligible for a charitable tax deduction and no acknowledgement letters will be provided.
About PGA REACH
PGA Foundation Inc. d/b/a PGA REACH, is the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America. PGA REACH positively impacts the lives of youth, military, and diverse populations by enabling access to PGA Professionals, PGA Sections and the game of golf.
About the PGA of America
The PGA of America represents the very best in golf. For more information about the PGA of America, visit PGA.org and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.