PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – The 2016 PGA Fashion & Demo Experience will bring together thousands of golf industry influencers next week, Aug. 15-17, to preview the newest golf apparel and accessory collections, test the latest equipment and golf technology, learn from industry experts and network with colleagues during a myriad of special events in the upscale Las Vegas settings of the Palazzo Ballroom of The Venetian, Cascata Golf Club and Topgolf Las Vegas.
More than 200 participating brands and companies will connect with some 4,000 PGA Professionals, buyers and golf business leaders at the event, held in the second half of the golf season and during Las Vegas Fashion Week. In addition to merchandise sourcing of the newest apparel, accessories, equipment and technology, the 2016 edition of the annual PGA Fashion & Demo Experience features a Pro-Pro Tournament, PGA Outdoor Demo Experience, Live Fashion Show, PGA Secretary Candidates Events, Education Conference, Opening Night Reception and an exciting new After-Hours Industry Event at Topgolf Las Vegas
“The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience is fundamentally designed to build business, but we also strive to create an event that is fun, exciting and strengthens our golf community,” said PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions Senior Vice President and General Manager Ed Several. “The combination of top brands, influential PGA Professionals and buyers, exciting destinations and a full schedule of strong business programming, is creating the best PGA Fashion & Demo Experience to date. We look forward to welcoming the global golf industry to Las Vegas next week.”
Monday, Aug. 15 – Cascata Golf Club
9 a.m. Shotgun Start
· The tournament features a full field of 50 PGA/LPGA Professional Teams; a $20,650 purse with a $5,000 first-place prize, plus $1,000 chipping & putting contests.
· Sponsors - Supporting: Tee Tree and VPAR | Contest Sponsors: Market 9 Lithium Golf, Hole in 1 Drinks & Tee Tree
Monday – Wednesday, Aug. 15 – 17 – The Venetian & Cascata Golf Club
· The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience Education Conference begins on Monday, Aug. 15, with the PGA’s CPP 2.0 Certification Kick Start certification program and the FlightScope Academy at The Venetian, plus the “Finding Your Natural Swing” Instructional Workshop by 2016 PGA Teacher of the Year Mike Adams at Cascata Golf Club.
· The Education Conference continues Aug. 16-17 with more than more than 20 classroom seminars focusing on retail/ merchandising, leadership, teaching and coaching and sales/marketing. PGA Professionals are able to earn more than 20 MSR credits, through participation in PGA Education and PGA Fashion & Demo Experience programs.
· Single session registration, full day and full conference registration remains open, plus course details can be found, at PGALasVegas.com/education. The leadership track of the education conference is sponsored by Teesnap.
PGA Outdoor Demo Experience
Monday, Aug. 15 – Cascata Golf Club
· The PGA Outdoor Demo Experience features top equipment and technology testing, indoor golf marketplace, outdoor vendor village, industry networking, special events, contests/prizes, live music and a barbeque. Complimentary transportation is provided to and from The Venetian.
· Sponsors - Supporting: Tee Tree and VPAR | Official Tee Sponsor: Champ | Official Hat Sponsor: The Game Headwear | Contest Sponsors: MSOP – The Major Series of Putting – and the PGA Southwest Section
AGM Product Preview & Reception
Monday, Aug. 15 – The Venetian
5-7 p.m., Delfino Meeting Room, Level 4
· Buyers and attending PGA Professionals will be able to preview the collections of select AGM partner vendors prior to the official Show opening, and network with colleagues at the AGM Product Preview and Reception.
Show Floor of the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience
Tuesday, Aug. 16, 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 17, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Palazzo Ballroom of The Venetian
· The hottest fashion trends and newest accessory collections, plus the latest equipment and technology, from more than 200 companies and brands will be exclusively showcased on a dynamic Show Floor, featuring a wide array of exhibits, a buyer networking lounge, New Product Showcase, sponsored by Tee Tree, Fashion Row, Fashion Lounge, a PGA Member Business Center and a VIP Buyer Lounge.
PGA Secretary Candidates Events
(PGA Member-Only Event)
Tuesday –Wednesday, Aug. 16-17
· PGA Secretary Candidates Russ Libby, Rick Murphy and Jim Richerson will share their platforms and address membership questions in a PGA Candidates Forum on Tuesday, Aug. 16, at 11:30 a.m., and during a Coffee with the Candidates event on Wed., Aug. 17, at 8:30 a.m. Both events are open to PGA Members only. The formal election for PGA Secretary will occur during the PGA Annual Meeting in New York City this November. Learn more about the candidates at www.PGALasVegas.com/candidates.
Live Fashion Show
Tuesday, Aug. 16 – The Venetian
5 – 5:30 p.m., Palazzo Ballroom
· The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience Live Fashion Show, presented by ClubWear, will showcase many of the latest golf lifestyle collections by the industry’s top designers and will be emceed by Bailey Mosier, Golf Channel host, reporter and writer.
Opening Night Reception
Tuesday, Aug. 16 – The Venetian
5:30 – 7 p.m., Palazzo Ballroom
· Immediately following the Live Fashion Show, all registered event attendees are invited to the Opening Night Reception, featuring complimentary wine, beer and light hors d'oeuvres in a social, lively atmosphere on the Show Floor. Exhibitor booths will be open for business during this networking event for buyers to enjoy the extended hours to explore, browse, and discuss all the latest finds the Show Floor has to offer.
After-Hours Industry Event at Topgolf Las Vegas
Tuesday, Aug. 16 – Topgolf Las Vegas
7:30 – 10 p.m.
· During the new After-Hours Industry Event at Topgolf Las Vegas, PGA Fashion & Demo Experience guests will be able to explore the full 105,000 square-foot entertainment venue, the largest Topgolf venue to date, occupying eight acres just off The Strip.
· PGA Show attendees, presenting their event badges inside the Birdie Bar & Lounge on Level 2, will receive a complimentary drink ticket, along with light hors d’oeuvres and can enjoy reserved climate-controlled bays, on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Complimentary shuttle transportation will be provided to Topgolf, beginning at 7 p.m., from The Venetian, with the last bus returning from Topgolf to the Venetian at 10:30 p.m.
· Sponsors - Supporting: Under Armour and October Golf Gear | Featured Vendors: Zero Friction, Premier Glow and Wellness Interactive
Experts on the business and game of golf. The best coaching tips and latest golf news delivered straight to you. Sign Up to get the latest.