DELTONA, Florida (December 4, 2017) -- Kids from across the world get ready! Little Linksters, LLC, The Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development and The Littlest Golfer Inc. are pleased to announce the eighth installment of their Annual Best “Pee Wee” Golf Swing in the World Video Contest. This is the eighth straight year Little LinkstersTM, LLC, along with the Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development (501c3) and The Littlest Golfer, Inc., have hosted this kid-centric contest for children 8 years old and under. Once again, this year, some very heavy hitters from the golf world have joined the cause, including World Golf Hall of Fame members, Annika Sorenstam and Jack Nicklaus, LPGA Superstar, Michelle Wie, Golf Channel personality, Charlie Rymer and 2017 PGA National Teacher of the Year, David Leadbetter. They will join regular yearly judges including, 2014 PGA National Youth Player Development Award winner Nicole Weller, US Kids Golf Top 50 instructors Michelle Holmes and Tom Reid and the contest’s host, and Little Linksters founder, Brendon Elliott, who was recently named the 2017 PGA National Youth Player Development award winner.
The popular contest allows parents to upload a video to YouTube of their “Little Linksters” swing. Videos will be submitted over the following two months, and prizes will be awarded in four age groups—ranging from ages 3 to 8. Voting will be conducted by a panel of industry veterans and experts.
“We are ecstatic to once again have this opportunity to showcase to the golf world what the youngest among us can do with a golf club,” explained PGA Professional Brendon Elliott, founder of Little LinkstersTM, LLC and Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development. “We are very humbled to have had such a recognized and esteemed celebrity panel of judges over the years, including Jordan Spieth, Lydia Ko, Brooke Henderson, Andrew “Beef” Johnston, Tony Jacklin, Annika Sorenstam, Hank Haney, Kelly Sheehan, Lexi Thompson, Jim McLean, Win McMurry, Paula Creamer, Nicole Weller, Chuck Evans, Brittany Lincicome, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus, Keegan Bradley, Mark Bradley, Allen Wronowski, Frank Nobilo and Holly Sonders.” added Elliott. In last year’s contest, 200 entries poured in from over 14 countries from around the world.
Elliott, who is a US Kids Golf Top 50 Kids Teacher (2010, ‘11 and ’12), a 2013 US Kids Golf Top 50 Master Kids Teacher, a four- time NFPGA Junior Golf Leader award winner (2011-14), as well as a five-time Top 50 Growth of the Game Teacher as named by the Golf Range Association, was named the PGA of America’s National Youth Player Development award winner this year and was recently named a 2017 GRAA Top 50 Elite Status Growth of the Game Teacher. Brendon will lead the judging of the Best Pee Wee Swing contest once again this year. He will be assisted by this year’s celebrity panel of judges. Taking part in the 2017- 2018 campaign:
* Annika Sorenstam— World Golf Hall of Fame member who is arguably, the best female golfer of all time. Annika was one of the original celebrity judges 8 years ago in the inaugural Best Pee Wee Swing Contest.
* Jack Nicklaus— World Golf Hall of Fame member and the man that holds the record for the most major championship titles in the men’s game. Known to many as the best male golfer of all time. Mr. Nicklaus is making his third appearance as a judge in the Best Pee Wee Swing Contest.
* David Leadbetter— The 2017 PGA National Teacher of the Year. David made the golf instruction industry what it is today. Working with the likes of Greg Norman, Nick Faldo, Nick Price, Lydia Ko, Michelle Wie and countless others over the years, David is one of the game’s most notable instructors.
* Michelle Wie— At age 10, Wie became the youngest player to qualify for a USGA amateur championship. Wie also became the youngest winner of the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links and the youngest to qualify for an LPGA Tour event. She turned professional shortly before her 16th birthday in 2005, accompanied by an enormous amount of publicity and endorsements. She won her first major at the 2014 U.S. Women's Open. Michelle is a wonderful addition to our event which celebrates youth golf!
* Charlie Rymer— A former PGA Tour Professional, Rymer has transformed into one of the game’s most loveable commentators and voices. Most widely known for his place on Golf Channel’s Morning Drive, Charlie is also a regular on PGA Tour Radio. In addition, Rymer is a proud member of the PGA of America, serving as the Secretary and soon to be Vice President of the North Florida PGA Section.
* Nicole Weller—Multiple award-winning PGA and LPGA professional. Most recently, Nicole was named the 2013 PGA and LPGA National Youth Player Development award winner. Nicole is the Director of Instruction at the Landings Club in Savannah, GA. Nicole is the author of Stick to Sports “Let’s Play Golf,” as well as the company’s new Golf Flash Card Game.
* Michelle Holmes— One of the very brightest up and comers in the junior golf instruction arena. A multiple award- winning teacher, Michelle is the owner of the Michelle Holmes School of Golf at Cahoon Plantation. Michelle serves the greater Williamsburg, Virginia Beach and Outer Banks area but has an ever-increasing influence around the world. This is her second straight year as a judge.
* Tom Reid— US Kids Top 50 Instructor, Tom Reid hails from the U.K. Tom is a former Touring Professional that has made a significant impact in the junior golf arena in Europe over the past few years. Formerly an instructor at the highly acclaimed Wentworth Club, Tom is now the senior teaching professional at Stoke Park Golf and Country Club. Tom will soon be launching Little Linksters U.K. in partnership with Brendon Elliott and Little Linksters USA.
Parents are encouraged to participate in this contest by uploading a video (no longer than 60 sec) to YouTube of their “Little Linksters” swing. Once the video is posted to YouTube, parents must share that video link to the Contest Entry Form on the contest page on www.LittleLinksters.com. The contest entry period runs from November 29th, 2017 through Jan. 15th, 2018. Contest registration, complete details and instructions are available at https://littlelinksters.com/pee-wee-golf-swing-contest/
Prize packages will be awarded in four age categories: Under 3; 3–4 year olds; 5–6 year olds; and 7–8 year olds. Each prize package is valued at more than $1,000 and includes items from some of the industry’s best children’s golf apparel, equipment and training aid companies:
* The Littlest Golfer
* U.S. Kids Golf
* Birdie Ball
* Golf training aids package
* Online lessons
* Little LinkstersTM Membership pack
* Sticks to Sports “Let’s Play Golf” Book & NEW “Match Play” Game
* My Mini Golf
* Exemption & Tournament Entry for each age group winner to the 2018 FCG World Championship in San Diego
* MORE TO COME
Winners will be announced at the 2018 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando at the Littlest Golfer Inc. booth.
The Little Linksters golf program in Central Florida is designed specifically for children ages 3 to 8 years old. The program is taught in a fun and interactive way, using both traditional and non-traditional instructional methods to ensure children’s first introduction to golf is FUN! The Little LinkstersTM mascots Floppy, Birdie & Bogey are featured in the programs instructional coloring book and training aids.
The Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development, a 501c3 nonprofit in conjunction with AAU, is continuing to develop a national program that will enable teaching professionals from across the country to grow their business and the game of golf with a proven program that combines a child-friendly approach, a complete program curriculum, and uses items from some of the industry’s best training aid and junior golf equipment companies.
One of the Association’s newest projects, called G.O.A.L.S. (Golf Outreach Advances Life Skills) is specifically aimed at introducing children ages 3-12+ with special needs to the game of golf. In doing so, children will learn valuable life skills that will help them throughout their life. The Special Olympics of Central Florida is a proud partner of Little Linksters efforts with this program. Support of the G.O.A.L.S. program has also come from the Alliance for Accessible Golf as well as Jordan Spieth and the Jordan Spieth Family Foundation.
Little Linksters hopes to add additional programming in 2018 that will touch children ages 3-8 that are in economically challenged situations, enduring lengthy hospital stays due to chronic illnesses and other youngsters that may have never had an opportunity such as those that Little LinkstersTM offers. “Golf is more than a game; it is a tool to teach young children so much more and we hope to use this tool to enhance the lives of as many children as possible explains Elliott, Little Linksters founder and Executive Director.
To help the nonprofit, Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development contact them at email@example.com.
To donate go to Little Linksters Year End DRIVE campaign go to: https://www.facebook.com/donate/531354633914239/ To become a corporate sponsor, contact Executive Director Brendon R. Elliott, PGA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the “Best Pee-Wee Golf Swing in the World” Video Contest or the Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development, please visit www.littlelinksters.com or contact Brendon Elliott at Brendon@LittleLinksters.com or by phone at (321) 278-1612.
Experts on the business and game of golf. The best coaching tips and latest golf news delivered straight to you. Sign Up to get the latest.