NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
THE CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER, INC., INSTAGRAM INC., FACEBOOK INC.
1. ELIGIBILITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. The “PGA Championship Scavenger Hunt” (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the US, who are at least 18 years of age and have Internet access as of 12:00 AM EST June 4, 2017, the date and time the Contest is first made known to the public. Employees and their immediate families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) of PGA of America, (the “Sponsor”) and respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, directors, officers, members, partners, trustees, franchisees, governors, agents, owners, shareholders, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities employees and each of their respective families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. By entering the Contest, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Some restrictions apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
2. SPONSORS. PGA of America 100 Avenue of the Champions. Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9601
3. HOW TO ENTER. Contest runs from 12:00 AM EST June 4, 2017– 8:00 PM EST June 4 2017 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, during the Entry Period, eligible participants need to go to the official Twitter Feed of the PGA Championship (twitter.com/PGAChampionship), official Facebook feed of the PGA Championship (facebook.com/PGAChampionship) or the official Instagram feed of the PGA Championship (instagram.com/PGAChampionship) and follow the clues/hints as they are published in real-time. For each clue of the Contest there will be a different location and prize. The first Entrant to meet a Contest Entity representative at the location will be the winner of that prize. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Sponsors are not responsible for transportation or failures of any kind of twitter, Instagram, facebook or the Internet, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsors, will render the entrant ineligible. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest should any computer virus, malfunction or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address/twitter account associated with the winning entry. No automated entries accepted.
4. HOW TO WIN. The Contest will be won based on participants successfully meeting the Contest Entity representative at the location revealed in the clues. In the event of a ‘tie’, participants may be asked to answer a PGA Championship trivia questions until only 1 participant can answer the questions correctly. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding. The potential winner(s) must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases. If the potential winner(s) does not meet all eligibility requirements or returned signed any necessary documents within 3 business days, then that potential winner(s) will be deemed ineligible and the judges, in their sole discretion, will choose another potential winner based on the criteria set forth above.
5. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a pair of Wanamaker Club Ticket Packages ARV: $1,200. Eight (8) Prize winners will receive a pair of Championship Round tickets ARV: $190. The total ARV of all prizes: $2,700. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the entrant as a result of this Contest and any prize(s) won are the sole responsibility of the entrant. No substitution or transfer of prize(s) or cash redemptions permitted by Winner. The Contest Entities reserve the right to substitute a prize of like value in the event the described prizes, or any portion thereof, are unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
6. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. By entering this Contest, participants grant the Contest Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, voices, pictures and likeness, without further authorization or compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sponsors and all matters related to the Contest in any manner or medium, through the world in perpetuity. Winner will be required to sign and execute affidavits of eligibility, tax acknowledgement forms, liability releases and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases (“Winner Documents”) and return within three (3) days of issuance. Noncompliance with this time period may result in disqualification. In the event any Winner declines the prize or fails to return completed releases, Sponsors may elect, at its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner. If no eligible potential winner can be identified after reasonable attempts or if delays in obtaining the completed Winner Documents would make it impracticable to award the prize due to the timing of the game, no substitute prize may be awarded in Sponsors’ sole discretion. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release the Contest Entities from any and all liability claims or actions of any kinds whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property resulting from the entrants participation in the Contest or which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity. All entrants agree to follow all applicable laws and regulations during their participation in the Contest and understand that breaking any law, reckless activity or behavior that threatens the safety of others in any way will be grounds for immediate disqualification and is explicitly prohibited. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prize awarded. In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more winning prize claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from all eligible prize claims for the prize at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsors’ reasonable control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, prizes will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. Notice of cancellation will be posted at PGAChampionship.com.
7. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsors, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Florida, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder, entrants consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. PRIVACY STATEMENT. The information submitted, including the registration information, will be available to PGA of America. For more information on how this information may be used by them, please read their respective Privacy Notices, which can be found at https://ems.pgalinks.com/displays/privacy.cfm. In addition, by submitting this information you agree that the PGA of America may contact you from time to time regarding special offers and promotions they think may be of interest to you.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS. For a copy of either the Official Rules or the Winner’s List, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address by June 5, 2017 for “Rules,” June 5, 2017 for “Winners”: PGA Championship Scavenger Hunt Contest Rules or Winners, 100 Avenue of the Champions. Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9601
Experts on the business and game of golf. The best coaching tips and latest golf news delivered straight to you. Sign Up to get the latest.