LAS VEGAS (Aug. 17, 2015) – Thousands of PGA Professionals, golf buyers, manufacturers and industry leaders are gathering starting today for the 2015 PGA Fashion & Demo Experience, Aug. 17-19, at Cascata Golf Club and The Venetian in Las Vegas. Events for Monday, Aug. 17, include a Pro-Pro Tournament, PGA Outdoor Demo Experience, a short-game instructional workshop, plus live entertainment and barbecue at Cascata Golf Club. Additionally, the PGA of America and FlightScope are offering certification programs and the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM) is presenting a Product Preview and Reception for AGM members at The Venetian.
The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience continues with a comprehensive schedule of events to include exhibits and demonstrations by more than 200 golf companies and brands, plus special events and education programs on Tuesday and Wednesday, Aug. 18-19, at The Venetian.
“We’re enthusiastic to begin the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience today in the beautiful setting of Cascata Golf Club,” said PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions Senior Vice President and General Manager Ed Several. “More than 40 golf equipment, technology and accessory companies have exciting demonstrations, contests and special events planned for PGA Professionals and golf buyers coming from across the United States and nearly 25 countries. The PGA Outdoor Demo Experience, which spans the entire Cascata facility, promises to be a fun and productive beginning to the three-day industry event.”
Schedule of Events for Monday, Aug. 17
PGA Outdoor Demo Experience - Cascata Golf Club
• 9:00 a.m. Pro-Pro Tournament (shotgun start, full field, $20,000 purse)
• 2:00-7:00 p.m. PGA Outdoor Demo Experience - Equipment Testing, Indoor Marketplace, Industry Networking, Special Events, Contests/Prizes,
Live Music & BBQ
• 3:30-4:30 p.m. Short Game Instructional Workshop featuring 2011 PGA Teacher of the Year Mike Malaska (separate registration required)
PGA Professionals attending the PGA Outdoor Demo Experience will receive 4 MSR credits in the industry participation category. Complimentary shuttle transportation is provided between The Venetian and Cascata Golf Club beginning at 1:30 p.m. and running every 20 minutes. The last shuttle will depart The Venetian at 6 p.m.
PGA Education Conference & Special Events - The Venetian
• 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - PGA of America CPP 2.0 Jumpstart for All Certifications - Led by PGA of America Director of Member Education, Todd Sammons, the CPP Jumpstart Program is an opportunity to begin the education program’s certification of choice, emphasis on Golf Operations in this seminar. PGA Professionals earn 4 MSR credits upon completion of the course.
• 8:30 a.m-2:00 p.m. - FlightScope Academy - certification course consisting of live demonstrations, best practices and interactive discussions relevant to using FlightScope in golf instruction and club fitting. All attendees are Certified FlightScope Professionals after the completion of an online exam. PGA Professionals earn 5 MSR Credits upon completion of the course.
• 5:30-7 :00 p.m. - AGM Product Preview - Buyers and PGA Professionals will have an unique opportunity to view the collections of the industry’s premier vendors prior to hitting the show floor and to network with their colleagues in a social setting. PGA golf professionals will receive 2 MSR credits for attending.
About PGA Fashion & Demo Experience
The 2015 PGA Fashion & Demo Experience, Aug. 17-19, in Las Vegas, is a golf merchandising, product testing and professional education event, exclusively for golf industry professionals and golf lifestyle apparel retailers. The PGA Outdoor Demo Experience at Cascata Golf Club, Aug. 17, is open 2:00-7:00 p.m. The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience at the Venetian is open Aug. 18, 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.; and Aug. 19, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. The event is organized by the PGA of America and PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions. Additional details and registration are available at PGALasVegas.com