Submit your video for the Little Linksters 'Best Pee-Wee Golf Swing in the World' contest
Deltona, FL — Kids from across the world get ready! Little LinkstersTM, LLC, The Little LinkstersTM Association for Junior Golf Development and The Littlest Golfer Inc. are pleased to announce the seventh installment of their Annual Best “Pee Wee” Golf Swing in the World Video Contest.
This is the seventh straight year Little LinkstersTM, LLC, along with the Little LinkstersTM Association for Junior Golf Development (501c3) and The Littlest Golfer, Inc., have hosted this kid- centric contest for children 8 years old and under. Once again this year, some very heavy hitters from the golf world have joined the cause, including Andrew “Beef” Johnston, Brooke Henderson, Jack Nicklaus, Tony Jacklin, Golf Channel personality, Lauren Thompson and more.
The popular contest allows parents to upload a video to YouTube of their “Little Linksters” swing. Videos will be submitted over the following two months, and prizes will be awarded in four age groups—ranging from ages 3 to 8. Voting will be conducted by a panel of industry veterans and experts.
“We are ecstatic to have such a great panel of judges this year,” explained PGA Professional Brendon Elliott, founder of Little LinkstersTM, LLC and Little LinkstersTM Association for Junior Golf Development. “We are very humbled to have had such a recognized and esteemed celebrity panel of judges over the years, including Jordan Spieth, Lydia Ko, Annika Sorenstam, Hank Haney, Kelly Sheehan, Lexi Thompson, Jim McLean, Win McMurry, Paula Creamer, Nicole Weller, Chuck Evans, Brittany Lincicome, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus, Keegan Bradley, Mark Bradley, Allen Wronowski, Frank Nobilo and Holly Sonders. “This year, we once again have a great group of judges! To have Mr. Nicklaus come back again to judge this year as well as Tony Jacklin, “Beef” and Brooke aboard is amazing” added Elliott. In last year’s contest, 200 plus entries poured in from over 15 countries from around the world.
Elliott, who was a US Kids Golf Top 50 Kids Teacher (2010, ‘11 and ’12), a 2013 US Kids Golf Top 50 Master Kids Teacher, a four-time NFPGA Junior Golf Leader award winner (2011-14), as well as a four-time Top 50 Growth of the Game Teacher as named by the Golf Range Association, will lead the judging. He will be assisted by this year’s celebrity panel of judges, which is arguably one of the best assembled groups the contest has seen in its seven years. Taking part in the 2016-2017 campaign:
- Andrew “Beef” Johnston—A fan favorite on the European Tour who will be bringing his game to the PGA Tour in 2017.
- Brooke Henderson- Current World #8 Female Golfer, Current CME Race Standing #3, She won her first major at age 18 in 2016 at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship, becoming the event’s youngest winner.
- Jack Nicklaus- Considered by most as the greatest player to ever play the game, World Golf Hall of Fame member and winner of 18 Major Championships, leading all that have ever played the game in that category.
- Tony Jacklin- One of the games greats, World Golf Hall of Fame member, 29 Professional wins including 2 Majors.
- Lauren Thompson—A proud native of Central Florida, Lauren is a prominent Golf Channel personality. She is co-host of "Morning Drive", the channel's daily morning show. She formerly was a host of "Top Ten" and "Golf Now" (formerly "Destination Golf"), as well the "College Sports Minute.”
- Nicole Weller—Multiple award-winning PGA and LPGA professional. Most recently, Nicole was named the 2013 PGA and LPGA National Youth Player Development award winner. Nicole is the Director of Instruction at the Landings Club in Savannah, GA. Nicole is the author of Stick to Sports “Let’s Play Golf,” as well as the company’s new Golf Flash Card Game.
- Tom Reid—Beloved PGA of Europe Instructor at the famed Wentworth Club, acts as the clubs Junior Program Manager.
- Michelle Holmes—Owner of the Michelle Holmes School of Golf in Chesapeake, VA, Michelle is one of the brightest stars in the Junior Golf arena. A new judge for the 7th Annual Best Pee Wee Swing Contest, this LPGA Professional and US Kids Top 50 Kids Teacher will surely be a “regular” going forward!
Parents are encouraged to participate in this contest by uploading a video (no longer than 60 sec) to YouTube of their “Little Linksters” swing. Once the video is posted to YouTube, parents must share that video link to the Contest Entry Form on the contest page on www.LittleLinksters.com. The contest entry period began this past Sunday, Nov. 27, 2016 and will run through Jan. 16, 2017. Contest registration, complete details and instructions are available
Prize packages will be awarded in four age categories: Under 3; 3–4 year olds; 5–6 year olds; and 7–8 year olds. Each prize package is valued at more than $1,000 and includes items from some of the industry’s best children’s golf apparel, equipment and training aid companies:
- The Littlest Golfer gift pack
- U.S. Kids Golf Set of UL Clubs and other accessories
- Cleveland/Srixon gift pack
- Birdie Ball 4’ x 14’ Putting Green
- Assorted Golf training aids package
- Golfer’s Footprint
- Almost Golf play anywhere pack
- Little LinkstersTM Membership pack
- Sticks to Sports “Let’s Play Golf” Book & NEW “Match Play” Game
- My Mini Golf gift pack
- Swinggait Swing Trainer
- Star Putter Training Aid
- Tournament Entry for each age group winner to the 2017 Pepsi Little People’s Golf Championship
- Exemption & Tournament Entry for each age group winner to the 2017 FCG World Championship in San Diego
- MORE TO COME!!!!
Winners will be announced at the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando at the Littlest Golfer Inc. booth.
The Little LinkstersTM golf program in Central Florida is designed specifically for children ages 3 to 8 years old. The program is taught in a fun and interactive way, using both traditional and non-traditional instructional methods to ensure children’s first introduction to golf is FUN! The Little LinkstersTM mascots Floppy, Birdie & Bogey are featured in the programs instructional coloring book and training aids.
The Little LinkstersTM Association for Junior Golf Development, a 501c3 nonprofit in conjunction with AAU, is continuing to develop a national program that will enable teaching professionals from across the country to grow their business and the game of golf with a proven program that combines a child-friendly approach, a complete program curriculum, and uses items from some of the industry’s best training aid and junior golf equipment companies.
One of the Association’s newest projects, called G.O.A.L.S. (Golf Outreach Advances Life Skills) is specifically aimed at introducing children ages 3-12+ with special needs to the game of golf. In doing so, children will learn valuable life skills that will help them throughout their life. The Special Olympics of Central Florida is a proud partner of Little LinkstersTM efforts with this program. Support of the G.O.A.L.S. program has also come from the Alliance for Accessible Golf as well as Jordan Spieth and the Jordan Spieth Family Foundation.
Other programming that is in development through Little LinkstersTM including a future partnership with the Girl Scouts of Citrus Council which serves some 15,000 girls throughout Central Florida. Little LinkstersTM hopes to add additional programming in 2017 that will touch children ages 3-8 that are in economically challenged situations, enduring lengthy hospital stays due to chronic illnesses and other youngsters that may have never had an opportunity such as those that Little LinkstersTM offers. “Golf is more than a game; it is a tool to teach young children so much more and we hope to use this tool to enhance the lives of as many children as possible explains Elliott, Little LinkstersTM founder and Executive Director.
To help the nonprofit, Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org To donate go to Little LinkstersTM Year End DRIVE campaign go to: https://www.facebook.com/donate/10154815209927189/
To become a corporate sponsor, contact Executive Director Brendon R. Elliott, PGA at email@example.com
For more information about the “Best Pee-Wee Golf Swing in the World” Video Contest or the Little LinkstersTM Association for Junior Golf Development, please visit www.littlelinksters.com or contact Brendon Elliott at Brendon@LittleLinksters.com or by phone at (321) 278-1612.