Success abundant for alumni of Junior Invitational at Sage Valley
Each year, the Junior Invitational at Sage Valley draws one of the strongest fields in junior golf. Not surprisingly, those strong fields have included some big names that have gone on to accomplish great things in their collegiate and professional golf careers.
Leading the list of alums is Justin Thomas, who played in the tournament in 2011. Since his debut as a professional, he’s had 7 PGA TOUR wins, including the PGA Championship. Thomas also has been a part of three national teams, including the 2017 President’s Cup, as well as being named the 2017 PGA TOUR player of the year, PGA of America Player of the Year, and Golf Magazine’s Player of the Year. To round out an amazing year, he also was named the 2017 FedexCup Champion.
Here are some of the accomplishments Junior Invitational alumni have tallied over the past seven years:
- 10 players on PGA Tour
- 9 additional players on European Tour
- 2016 US Am Champ Curtis Luck, Runner-up Brad Dalke
- 2017 US Am Champ Doc Redman, Runner-up Doug Ghim
- 2017 Low Am at the US Open - Scottie Scheffler, 2014 champion
- 2018 Masters Tournament participants: Matthew Fitzpatrick, Justin Thomas, Doc Redman, Doug Ghim, Joaquin Niemann
- NCAA Individual Champ 2016 - Aaron Wise
- NCAA Individual Champ 2017 - Braden Thornberry
- 2016 PGA Rookie of the Year - Emilliano Grillo
The Junior Invitational at Sage Valley and PGA REACH partner to help bring this and other elite golf experiences to junior players across the world, fueling the next generation of professionals to teach the game of golf and compete at the highest levels. The top two eligible finishers at Sage Valley receive an exemption into the Boys Junior PGA Championship.