The list of accomplishments Tiger Woods has achieved thus far in his career is vast and many of them are quite astonishing.
Yes, he's put up the second most wins (80) in PGA Tour history and his 14 majors rank only behind Jack Nicklaus. But what are the most impressive records that he holds with nobody standing in front of him?
We dove into the numbers and compiled 17 records that he either holds solo or shares with an impressive group of names.
(Stats are courtesy of the PGA Tour Media Guide)
1. Most weeks at No. 1 in the Official World Golf Rankings - 683 (This includes the longest streaks of 281 and 264 consecutive weeks). In second is Greg Norman at 331 weeks.
2. Highest Green in Regulation percentage for a season - 75.2% in 2000
3. Highest average birdies per round for a season - 4.92
4. Best season scoring average - He holds the top 9 spots in this category with his 2000 and 2007 average of 67.79 leading the way.
5. Most consecutive rounds at par or better - 52 from 2000-01
6. Most victories in a single event - 8 (Arnold Palmer Invitational and the WGC-Bridgestone). He's tied with Sam Snead who won the Greater Greensboro Open 8 times.
7. Most consecutive victories in an event - 4 (Arnold Palmer Invitational and the Buick Invitational). He's tied with Young Tom Morris, Walter Hagen and Gene Sarazen for this record.
8. Most victories at one course - 8 (Bay Hill Club, Torrey Pines Golf Course and Firestone Country Club)
9. Most wins by a player in their 20s - 46 (Jack Nicklaus in second with 30)
10. Youngest player to win the Masters Tournament - 21 years, 3 months, 14 days
11. One of 11 players since 1934 to win the week before a major - 2007 won the WGC-Bridgestone prior to winning the PGA Championship.
12. One of 9 players since 1934 to win the week after winning a major (the only player to do so twice) - Won the WGC-NEC Invitational following the 2000 PGA Championship and the WGC-Bridgestone following his 2006 PGA Championship win.
13. Consecutive cuts made - 141 (Byron Nelson second with 113)
14. Most years leading the money list - 10
15. Most consecutive years leading the money list - 4
16. Highest total career earnings on the PGA Tour - $110,061,012
17. His 11-1 playoff record is the best career playoff win percentage of players with at least 6 playoff wins.
Experts on the business and game of golf. The best coaching tips and latest golf news delivered straight to you. Sign Up to get the latest.