Tiger Woods got off to a fantastic start on Sunday, but faded during the back nine to finish even on the day and 5-under for the event.
Still, Tiger was in contention until the very end and looked like the Tiger of old on several occasions. Here are some highlights and analysis from his final round at Carnoustie.
MORE: Relive Tiger's Saturday round | Final scores
Tiger Woods' highlights from Round 4 at The Open Championship:
- Tiger juuuuust missed a birdie putt from 15 feet out. He'll settle for par and move onto the second hole.
- Par again. Tiger had another shot for birdie from about 25 feet out but missed badly.
- Boom. Birdie. Tiger is 6 under and tied for third.
- Another birdie, and he almost had an eagle. Tiger is just two shots back of the lead and is alone in third place.
- Tiger with a par on 7 but picked up a stroke and now just sits one shot back of the lead. Is this really happening?
Holes 8 and 9
- Spieth is crumbling and Tiger is atop the leaderboard. This is not a drill, folks.
- Yikes. Tiger double bogeys 11. The good news - he's still only one shot off the lead, but he's no longer in the driver's seat.
- Tiger within striking distance, but the top of the leaderboard is stacked. This birdie helped.
- Tiger hasn't been able to make up ground on the last few holes but this iron on 17 was a thing of beauty:
- Barely missed a putt for birdie. Doesn't look like Tiger is going to take the Claret Jug, but an impressive performance nonetheless.