7 Gifts You Should Buy for Your Golf-Obsessed Friends and Family This Holiday Season
By Keith Stewart, PGA
As the holidays approach, you may be buying golf gifts for the first time, another time or for the first time in a while. In any case, you have come to the right spot as PGA Coaches are as good at gift guides as they are at giving lessons.
There are so many possible gifts one could give a golfer; it is better to separate the possibilities by first understanding the type of golfer you have. From grandparents to grandkids, courses are flooded with all ages of players. Check out some of the best gifts for your golf-obsessed family & friends below.
1) Let’s Start with an Experience
- From Sea Island to Scottsdale, there is a custom getaway ready to be designed online. Look for excursion options where facilities have more to do than golf. If a trip isn’t in the cards, book a lesson with a PGA Coach to help them take their game to the next level. On a smaller budget? Snag up a gift card or two for the family to take a local trip to an entertainment golf venue like TopGolf.
Find a Coach
Take the next step in your golf journey by connecting with a PGA Coach in your area.
2) If They're Taking a Trip, They'll Need A Travel Bag
- A reliable travel bag from Club Glove or a cool function carry-on from Stitch Golf would be very useful for that golf trip. We all wait too long before we get these items and, in many ways, don’t travel as a result.
- You can’t golf without gear & the PGA Shop has everything you need. From polos & pants, to beanies & hats. Grab Ryder Cup USA and PGA Championship gear while supplies last to fill that closet for next season.
4) Let’s Update that Equipment
- You may have someone that has been playing the same clubs for 20 years and is still carrying around a golf bag on its last limb. Sneak into their bag or the garage and check the supplies. You might find they could use some modern technology like a Garmin GPS Device or need a new golf bag from Sun Mountain. If you want to really hit a home run, set up your loved one with a new TaylorMade Driver and watch them start hitting bombs off the tee.
5) Keep it Fun on the Course
- There is a whole new generation of modern golfers who love to have a little fun on the course. Hook them up with a Bushnell Wingman speaker or a Yeti Hopper to keep their drinks cold. Throw in a golf jacket with a hood from Zero Restriction to help show off their style.
- From traditional to fashion-forward, shoes have become a great way for golfers to show off their personalities. You might think that only the kids in your life want a pair of Jordans, but they’ll be a hit with players of all ages.
- Celebrate the holidays & commemorate the United States' incredible win at the Ryder Cup this year with limited edition wines from True Myth.
Editor’s Note: This article/email contains partner promotions. If you make a purchase, PGA of America may receive a percentage of the sale.