Nine PGA Professionals Make the Cut at 2021 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
PGA Professional, Paul Stankowski hits out of the fairway on the fourth hole during the first round of the 81st KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship held at the Southern Hills Country Club on May 27, 2021 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. (Photo by Darren Carroll/PGA of America)
Led by a pair of players in the top 20, nine PGA Professionals made the cut at the 2021 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship.
Paul Stankowski fired a 2-under 69 in the second round to head into the weekend at Southern Hills Country Club tied for 11th at 1-over, while Bob Sowards held the 18-hole lead and finished the first 36 holes tied for 18th at 2-over.
Sowards had the Southern Hills crowd buzzing with his opening-round 3-under 67 which included four birdies on the back nine.
Frank Bensel, Jr., and Chad Sorensen put together impressive second rounds to make the cut when they were in jeopardy of missing the weekend after 18 holes. Bensel posted a bogey-free 3-under 67 while Sorensen posted an even-par 70.
Mark Mielke, Craig Bowden, Neil Thompson, Gus Ulrich, and Alan Morin also made the cut.
Round 3 Starting Times
- 10:30 a.m. — Frank Bensel, Jr. (Hole 10)
- 11:09 a.m. — Bob Sowards (Hole 1)
- 11:14 a.m. — Chad Sorensen (Hole 10)
- 11:20 a.m. — Paul Stankowski (Hole 1)
- 11:36 a.m. — Craig Bowden and Mark Mielke (Hole 10)
- 11:47 a.m. — Neil Thompson (Hole 10)
- 11:58 a.m. — Gus Ulrich and Alan Morin (Hole 10)