Here's how to prepare for a day at the PGA Championship and the prohibited items at the tournament:
PREPARING FOR YOUR DAY AT THE CHAMPIONSHIP
• Average August temperatures in St. Louis, Missouri range from a high of 88 degrees to a low of 69 degrees.
• Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
• Wear a hat for protection from the sun and be sure to use sunscreen.
• Please leave all prohibited items, including ALL backpacks and any bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10”, at home or in your vehicle, as they will not be permitted on-course or stored at the Championship.
• Medical response teams will be on-site during the Championship. Specific locations will be listed in the Championship course map and pairings guide.
ITEMS TO LEAVE AT HOME
• Prohibited bags will NOT be accepted or stored on-site
• Backpacks of any size and drawstring bags
• Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” in their natural state, with the exception of folding chair bags (chair must be removed from bag at security checkpoint)
• Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” sold in The Championship Shops will be tagged as prohibited for re-admission due to size regulations
• Personal electronics such as computers, laptops, or tablets
• Drones, hoverboards, laser pointers, whistles/ noisemakers or selfie sticks
• Golf clubs or bicycles
• All oversized chairs with wide arm rests (portable, folding canvas chairs will be permitted with carry bags searched prior to entry)
• Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit), including pocket knives
• Buckets, ladders, milk crates, or stools
FOOD & BEVERAGES
• Food (except in limited quantities for medical, dietary, or infant purposes)
• Beverages (one unopened, sealed bottle of water per spectator is permitted)
• Banners, posters, or signs
• Any materials with unauthorized advertising or promotion
• Deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Championship security at their sole discretion
Experts on the business and game of golf. The best coaching tips and latest golf news delivered straight to you. Sign Up to get the latest.