Here's how to prepare for a day at the PGA Championship and the prohibited items at the tournament:
PREPARING FOR YOUR DAY AT THE CHAMPIONSHIP
• Average August temperatures in St. Louis, Missouri range from a high of 88 degrees to a low of 69 degrees.
• Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
• Wear a hat for protection from the sun and be sure to use sunscreen.
• Please leave all prohibited items, including ALL backpacks and any bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10”, at home or in your vehicle, as they will not be permitted on-course or stored at the Championship.
• Medical response teams will be on-site during the Championship. Specific locations will be listed in the Championship course map and pairings guide.
ITEMS TO LEAVE AT HOME
• Prohibited bags will NOT be accepted or stored on-site
• Backpacks of any size and drawstring bags
• Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” in their natural state, with the exception of folding chair bags (chair must be removed from bag at security checkpoint)
• Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” sold in The Championship Shops will be tagged as prohibited for re-admission due to size regulations
• Personal electronics such as computers, laptops, or tablets
• Drones, hoverboards, laser pointers, whistles/ noisemakers or selfie sticks
• Golf clubs or bicycles
• All oversized chairs with wide arm rests (portable, folding canvas chairs will be permitted with carry bags searched prior to entry)
• Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit), including pocket knives
• Buckets, ladders, milk crates, or stools
FOOD & BEVERAGES
• Food (except in limited quantities for medical, dietary, or infant purposes)
• Beverages (one unopened, sealed bottle of water per spectator is permitted)
• Banners, posters, or signs
• Any materials with unauthorized advertising or promotion
• Deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Championship security at their sole discretion