Finding Time to Play Golf
By Jenn Harris
Today, it seems like it is harder than ever to find a moment for yourself - let alone finding a the time to play golf.
Like everything in life, though, if it is important to us we can make the time. The trick is - and it's really pretty simple - to view golf not only as a fun hobby, but also as a way to get ahead in business or a way draw your family closer together.
Check out these 4 tips to fit golf into your schedule:
- Take a client out to the driving range instead of out for coffee.
- Only play in tournaments or outings with clients, potential clients or decision makers.
- Instead of going to happy hour, practice your putting with a glass of wine in hand. I bet you will learn more about your friends or colleagues at the putting green than you would in a busy restaurant.
- If you can’t make it out to the course, read up on the latest golf news so you can at least talk about it at work. Just talking golf can go a long way!
- If you have kids, take them out to learn golf with you. Golf is something that will bring your family together, even when your children are in their teens, away at college or busy creating families of their own!
There are a hundred more reasons to play golf and how you can find the time, but this is a great start.
Written by Jenn Harris of High Heel Golfer, an organization which encourages women to use golf to build quality relationships with friends, family and business partners