Shaun R. Finley, PGADirector of Golf
I was born and raised in Watertown, Wisconsin and I have been playing golf for more than 25 years. I attended Coastal Carolina University before graduating from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire with a degree in Business Administration.
In 2008, I was elected into membership as a PGA Class A golf professional. In addition to The Oaks Golf Course, I have worked at various golf facilities including Watertown Country Club (Watertown, WI), The Hideaway (La Quinta, CA) and Palm Valley Country Club (Palm Desert, CA). I have been teaching lessons for 15+ years and continue to develop my vast knowledge of the swing. I believe it is important to keep lessons simple while addressing areas of improvement and focusing on patience.
Overall, I aim to make students successful by:
- Understanding student goals.
- Understanding student learning styles and matching his teaching approach to that style.
- Keeping lessons simple while identifying areas for improvement.
- Creating a success plan that is attainable for the student.
- Giving students the ability to self-diagnose while playing or practicing on his or her own.
Begin your journey
Helping players achieve their goals.
Learn the basics
Get comfortable for business golf
Avoid embarrassment on the first tee
Having More Fun
Connect with golfers of similar age
Have more fun on the course
Improving Your Game
Add 10 yards
Prepare for Tournament Golf
Earn a college golf scholarship
Improve your Short Game
Make the high school golf team
Get swing diagnostic testing
Playing with disabilities