After two even par rounds to start the tournament, Tiger Woods made the cut at The Open Championship by a comfortable three strokes.
VIEW THE FULL LEADERBOARD
Saturday, with the field cut in half, he got to work, shooting a 5-under 66 to get within two shots of the lead when he finished.
RELATED: Notables to miss the cut at The Open
Here's a breakdown of some of the best moments from Tiger's third round.
Tiger Woods' highlights from Round 3 at The Open Championship:
Before we get to the highlights, take a look at the almost unblemished scorecard:
- Tiger started the day six back of the lead. He made his first move into the red Saturday on No. 4
- In his first round, Tiger parred the 474-yard Par 4 ninth hole. Friday, he bogeyed it. But Saturday, this long bomb dropped for a birdie right before the turn:
- Three birdies and no bogeys after nine? Yeah, that'll do.
- Tiger carried that momentum to start the back nine, hitting a beautiful approach on No. 10, then draining the birdie:
- Why not make it three in a row? The bold choice to pull the driver out on No. 11 paid off, leaving Tiger just off the green after his tee shot on the Par 4. A birdie put him just one back of the lead:
- So... Tiger is tied for the lead in a major on Saturday. Okay then:
- A bogey on 16 was the one blemish on an otherwise mistake-free card. But Tiger responded with a fantastic par save on 18 to finish 5-under on the day: