Category - Major Events
How Players Can Qualify for the PGA Championship
A view of the Wanamaker Trophy at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, New York.
PGA Championship Eligibility Requirements
The total field will be a maximum of 156 players.
The PGA of America has approved the following list of players who qualify for the 105th PGA Championship:
- All former winners of the PGA Championship
- Winners of the last five Masters (2019-'23)
- Winners of the last five U.S. Opens (2018-'22)
- Winners of the last five Open Championships (2017-'22) [Note: Canceled in 2020]
- Winners of the last three THE PLAYERS Championships (2021-'23)
- The top three on the OWGR’s International Federation Ranking List as of April 24,
- Winner of 2022 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
- The top 15 finishers and ties from the 2022 PGA Championship
- The top 20 finishers from the 2023 PGA Professional Championship
- The top 70 players who are eligible and have earned the most PGA Championship
points from the 2022 AT&T Byron Nelson through the 2023 Wells Fargo Championship
(ending May 7, 2023)
- Playing members of the last named U.S. and European Ryder Cup teams (2021),
provided they remain in the top 100 on the Official World Golf Rankings as of May 7,
- Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments whose victories are
considered official, from the 2022 Charles Schwab Challenge through the 2023 AT&T
- If necessary to complete the field, those players beyond the top 70 players who
are eligible and who have earned the most PGA Championship points from the 2022
AT&T Byron Nelson through the 2023 Wells Fargo Championship (ending May 7, 2023)
in order of their position on such a list
*Note: The PGA Championship points list is based on Official Money earned in PGA TOUR events within the defined period in Nos. 10 and 12 above and is available at https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.132.html.
Announcement of the final field is planned for May 10.