From the PGA
PGA of America Vendor Inclusion Policy Statement
The PGA of America (PGA) promotes an inclusive and diverse work and business environment. To support that, the PGA works to create mutually beneficial business relationships with diverse suppliers. This includes minority-owned, women-owned, Veteran-owned, disabled-owned and LGBT business enterprises.
Our goal is to ensure diverse vendors are provided equal opportunities to be included in our sourcing and procurement process. We believe that increasing the number of diverse vendors helps strengthen our efforts to foster greater inclusion and diversity in the game and the business of golf.
Our leadership and employees are committed to adopting procurement processes and practices that will enhance opportunities for diverse vendors.
Our Commitment is defined by:
1. Proactively seeking out certified diverse vendors that fit the organization’s needs and standards.
2. Identifying diverse vendors through engagement with a variety of minority business councils and encourage departments to explore opportunities with diverse vendors.
3. Expanding the opportunities offered to diverse vendors by encouraging our primary vendors to offer opportunities to diverse vendors through PGA VendorMatch.
4. Engaging with our industry partners to share ideas and information to help expand diverse vendor opportunities.
5. Communicating the value of vendor inclusion both internally and externally to all stakeholders.
Minority-owned businesses are defined as being at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more individuals from any of the following ethnic groups: African American or Black, Hispanic or Latino(a), Native American or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander and Asian-American.
Women-owned businesses are defined as being at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more women.
Disability-owned businesses are defined as being at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more disabled persons.
Veteran-owned and service-disabled Veteran-owned businesses are defined as being at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more Veterans or service-disabled Veterans.
LGBT-owned businesses are defined as being at least 51% owned by one or more lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgendered individuals.
Vendors from minority-owned; women-owned; disability-owned; Veteran-owned; service-disabled Veteran-owned; or lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender-owned businesses are encouraged to visit www.PGAVendorInclusion.org to join PGA’s vendor database.