Kids and Juniors
Six things to do before teeing off
Get these six things done before you step up to the first tee during your next competition.
- Clean your clubs: Always start your round with a clean set of clubs (and don’t forget the grips!). This can be done on the range after you have warmed up.
- Grab snacks and water: Make sure you have plenty of water to drink, especially during the summer months. Always have some healthy snacks in your bag to fuel your body and your brain throughout the round!
- Mark your golf balls: Don’t wait until you get to the first tee to scramble to mark your golf ball; go ahead and have this done ahead of time. It’s one less thing to worry about!
- Put on sunscreen: whether it’s sunny and 90 degrees or cloudy and 50 degrees, always be sure to put sunscreen on before you play. Don’t forget to reapply at least once during the round!
- Have your pin sheet ready: Most junior golfers use their lasers for everything, but it is very helpful to know how to use a pin sheet as well. Go ahead and grab one ahead of time and calculate the pins, if this hasn’t already been done for you.
- Take a breather: If you get all of the above done ahead of time, then you should be able to take a few minutes to simply breathe and relax before you step on the first tee. Have a good mindset for the round ahead of you and appreciate the opportunity you have to play this awesome game!