PGA of America Membership Programs
There are two primary pathways that lead to PGA of America Membership: the PGA Professional Golf Management Program (PGM Associate Program) and the Golf Management University Program.
Your Golf Career Can Start in the Classroom
- Graduate with your four-year degree and PGA membership in 4.5 to 5 years
- Build your professional network and gain industry experience by completing 16 months of internships, learning under the guidance and expertise of PGA of America Golf Professionals
- Apply for the program with a 12 or less handicap, develop your game, and enjoy opportunities to compete!
Earn a Degree While Becoming an Expert in the Game and Business of Golf
Program Highlights include:
- Program is accredited by the PGA of America
- Students earn a bachelor’s degree in a golf industry compatible major. Majors include: business, hospitality and more!
- Upon program completion, students can apply for PGA of America Membership
- Graduates currently have a 100% employment placement rate
PGA Golf Management University Program Overview
Complete the following steps to become a PGA Member through the PGA Golf Management University Program.
Contact the PGM Director at the University You're Interested In
Review programs at the participating universities below, then contact the PGM Director to set up a tour.
Get Admitted to the PGM Program at the University
Explore expanded career paths — in addition to traditional green grass locations — while completing required internships.
Complete Your Degree and Graduate
Earn a Bachelor’s degree in a golf industry compatible major, such as Marketing, Business Administration, Hospitality Administration, and Recreation Management.
Apply for PGA of America Membership
Complete the necessary requirements to apply.
Become a PGA of America Member
Graduates currently have a 100% employment placement rate.
View Participating Universities
Each participating university has specific entrance requirements. Contact the university’s dedicated PGA Golf Management University Program Director with questions about specific university curriculum, entrance requirements, and financial information.