A Water Bottle Can Help Keep You From Swinging Over the Top
There are plenty of ways to correct your golf swing with items you have right at home.
A water bottle, not only will keep you hydrated on the course, but help correct that dreaded over-the-top move in your swing.
Follow along with this simple drill from Abby Parsons, PGA, and your swing will be improved in no time.
- Grab a half-filled water bottle
- Hold the bottle in your trail hand and set up like you are over the ball
- Move your arm with the bottle to the top of your body like its your backswing
- Mimic your backswing while holding the water bottle
- Avoid spilling the water bottle to ensure proper technique
Abby Parsons, PGA is the assistant golf professional at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin.
Assistant Golf Professional
Former Division I collegiate golfer for Boston University. Born and raised in Pinehurst, North Carolina. Currently a Golf Professional at the Country club at DC Ranch after my time being a seasonal professional at Whistling Straits and Coral Creek Club. Strong believer in growing the game for all, but extremely passionate in increasing a female presence on the golf course as well as developing a fun atmosphere for junior golf.